aberdeen-music

Tour Van

MC Nice Andrew

Hi pals.

I'm looking for a cheap 6+ seater van and around the middle of the month for a week of touring, though I'm wondering if theres anyway around paying an arm and a leg for a van from Sixt or similar companies.

Anyone experienced/dealt with this before?

Ta

Experienced it and dealt with it by searching far and wide before sucking it up and hiring from Splitter Scotland or similar.

Good luck with your search, though, dude...if you find a reasonable alternative then please update!

• 2 weeks later...

We use the van from central every time we go away, have been touring fairly regularly lately and have had no issues with it. Something like 55 quid a night and it even has a wee bed. The milage is high, but it runs fine. You're also fully covered under the central coaches insurance/breakdown policy which is obviously very handy. You have to be over 25 and have over a year's driving experience as far as I know, I'm not sure if they restrict you because of endorsements. £300 deposit I believe.

We use the van from central every time we go away, have been touring fairly regularly lately and have had no issues with it. Something like 55 quid a night and it even has a wee bed. The milage is high, but it runs fine. You're also fully covered under the central coaches insurance/breakdown policy which is obviously very handy. You have to be over 25 and have over a year's driving experience as far as I know, I'm not sure if they restrict you because of endorsements. £300 deposit I believe.

Who drives it for you lot then?

We're looking for a van to take to Europe, but i think we're all under 25.

:(

• 4 weeks later...