aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Anyone seen any 'being Liverpool'? It's airing on Fox over here and has gotten pretty good ratings. It's really interesting and has gone some way to quell my hatred for the club. Everyone seems decent. Except carragher - he's an utter prick. Worth watching.

Well I'm definitely not watching it then.

Agreed. I saw the advert for it. It looked awful, because it's Liverpool, and it didn't mention anything about the Anfield Rap, so I'm not interested. Fuck Liverpool n'all.

I watched Blue Moon Rising quite recently, a doc about City. It was alright actually.

I bet it's not as good as There's Only One Jimmy Grimble.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2941548

I really want this to happen. We're worries about you. My flatmate works in the Blackburn co-op and says he keeps coming in and just buying chocolate and sweets.

I had a look into the team, as naturally i'll want a Phoenix FC top with Mackie on the back. On their FB page there is an open call for try outs, anyone fancy it?

I had a look into the team, as naturally i'll want a Phoenix FC top with Mackie on the back. On their FB page there is an open call for try outs, anyone fancy it?

do you think what's happened here, is someone sent mackie a link to the open try outs and he's telling everyone there's interest from the states?

• Upvote 1

Anyone seen any 'being Liverpool'? It's airing on Fox over here and has gotten pretty good ratings. It's really interesting and has gone some way to quell my hatred for the club. Everyone seems decent. Except carragher - he's an utter prick. Worth watching.

This is on Channel 5 tonight at 9pm.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/being-liverpool

United are shit. If Shelvey went, Evans should have too. Both challenges were practically identical. I think Evans got the benefit because he got the ball, but both were two footers, over the ball and off the ground. Both redders. Shelvey giving Fergie a mouthful on his way off was great. What did he do? Ace anyway.

Liverpool were better in midfield, as is every team who plays United. They were toothless infront of goal though. Rafael and Rio both had stormers. Alot of debate about the penalty. I can't see any player taking a dive in that position, when all he had to do was hit it. A shot from where he was is probably better than a penalty, though Valencia was dumb to wait so long to strike. Andy Townsend (On Setanta CA) slowed it right down and it showed Glen Johnson clipped Valencia's heel as he was about to strike. It's soft, but he's made him tumble and got none of the ball, so it's a penalty.

Still, if it was 11vs11, United wouldn't have gotten into that game. They couldn't keep the ball. 2 passes and a hoof from box to box and Liverpool had the ball again. It took an extra man to get a foot in the game, when both teams should have been down to 10.

Rafael's goal was mint. Love that kid.

Annoying game at Anfield today. Liverpool played well and there are good young players coming through. They need to figure out how they're going to score goals though. It's not just a matter of personnel, although that might help, it's working out the right systems and strategies to turn dominance into goals.

Obviously the refereeing was a bit contentious and the big decisions all went one way. The penalty was extremely soft. Valencia was falling over anyway and I don't think whatever contact there was made much difference. I know it's been said before but Suarez should really stop being 'theatrical'. It's not actually helping him get decisions. I suspect he might have got a penalty if he'd have gone down 'normally'.

Annoying game at Anfield today. Liverpool played well and there are good young players coming through. They need to figure out how they're going to score goals though. It's not just a matter of personnel, although that might help, it's working out the right systems and strategies to turn dominance into goals.

Obviously the refereeing was a bit contentious and the big decisions all went one way. The penalty was extremely soft. Valencia was falling over anyway and I don't think whatever contact there was made much difference. I know it's been said before but Suarez should really stop being 'theatrical'. It's not actually helping him get decisions. I suspect he might have got a penalty if he'd have gone down 'normally'.

Perhaps biased, but I don't agree Valencia was already going down. He didn't look like he was going down until Johnson ran cross the back of him and clipped the leg he was about to shoot with. Pundits seem to be focussing on the minimal contact when Johnson tried to get goalside of Valencia, which was after he clipped his foot. It is soft, but clipping someones foot when in motion is enough to put them on the floor.

At the final whistle, a handful of Liverpool fans ran from the home stand to taunt the United fans, and made Aeroplane gestures infront of the United supporters in an obvious reference to Munich, which was responded with chants about Hillsborough and Heysel.

What a bunch of horrible cunts. Ban the lot of them, forever.

Oh, and - Bye John.

John+terry+crying.jpg