aberdeen-music

Police Racism

He had the initial application, then the assessment centre where the exams and physical test are. That's how you get into the police

http://policerecruitment.homeoffice.gov.uk/police-officer/what-happens-after-I-apply/assessment-centre/index.html

When i watched this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppers_(TV_series) It seemed to imply that you had to pass all of that but also had to go on the beat under the wing of a more senior officer in a kind of placement role and do well in that and the paperwork.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And there is the factor of different forces also. The met, borders, strathclyde. saying that because one is racist they all are would be the same as saying that because a member of an ethnic minority didn't get in to one nightclub, all nightclubs are racist.

And i'm not saying for a minute either that The met are racist. Individuals are and the massive amount that are not racist get tarred with the same brush as the perpetrator of an isolated incident.

• 2 weeks later...

And i'm not saying for a minute either that The met are racist. Individuals are and the massive amount that are not racist get tarred with the same brush as the perpetrator of an isolated incident.

Um, I don't want to sound patronising, but surely the Stephen Lawrence case, and the number of other cases clearly indicate that institutionalised racism in the Met is a serious problem? They aren't isolated incidents, there's a pattern. "Individuals are", but there seem to be a significant number of "individuals" with the same mindset in that police force. "The Met are racist" is a base generalisation but it's a statement one could probably make with some level of credibility, sadly.