aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
maud 'dib

small venue

It's a good idea. Location?

Still looking really, just looking into getting a booze licence etc- it's possible to get places central that don't need it but fuck it- there is no way I would go to a place that is BYOB on a regular basis. I looked at a place quite close to the Beach today, it was a no-no space wise. I'm researching...lot to learn.

As long as the booze is cheap and you have bands from lots of different genre's you should be fine. Also use actual glasses. Nothing makes me hate a club/venue more than paying over 3 quid for a pint only for it to be given to you in a bendy plastic cup.

As long as the booze is cheap and you have bands from lots of different genre's you should be fine. Also use actual glasses. Nothing makes me hate a club/venue more than paying over 3 quid for a pint only for it to be given to you in a bendy plastic cup.

It has to be done sometimes man.

If you know your bands/music, you could probably know when to use glass and plastic. Chill out band - glass. Punk and stuff - plastic.

For a laugh, and for my business plan lets talk dreams and aspirations.

Something like Dr Drakes. Small , grotty- and cheap.

thoughts...

Oi, less of the small, grotty and cheap. Dr Drakes wasn't cheap! I'll give you the others though and they were arrived through love.

• Upvote 1

Its all about bums on seats. A small venue is needed and would be a fantastic addition. That said balancing the finances is all about one or two packed nights and the rest being okay or a steady and regular use. Income and expenditure balance and trying to be as many things to as many people without compromising too much.