aberdeen-music

What happened to our scene?

-HH-

I think I know who it is!

I know something you don't know!

Anyway, here's Sufferinfuck destroying Edinburgh after a quick Tangerine Dream interlude. They played here a couple months ago and will be playing again in 2012.

The scene I'm into is still VERY much alive. Even if there's not 250 sweaty people trying to shag Kris Liber8 in Kef.

Guest Gladstone
Lies. The ginger one in the Sugababes is attractive.

xx

I play in The Underkills - you've probably not heard of us because we've only played 2 gigs this year, and only played 2 last year. We're getting old and married and all that stuff and don't have time to play gigs anymore. Funny part of that is we played 2 of our best gigs in the last couple of years - one at Beach Ballroom and one at Lemon Tree, both of which were ace and both well attended (not down to us - much more to do with the bands we played alongside).

Guest Gladstone
Not using Fudge to guage music scene, I'm just wondering how active bands within the scene are not considered?

As Adam said above - it's because it's a celebration of bands that have played Fudge gigs in the past year. You need to have played a Fudge gig to be nominated. And the nominations generally come from Ab-music folks and Moorings clientelle, and Brian Fudge picks the bands from those nominations.

It's not a big deal - it's just a bit of fun and an excuse for a gig / piss-up as far as I can tell. I've never been to one, although I am still the reigning "Most Punchable Scenester in the Aberdeen Music Scene".

• Upvote 1

Me too, kind of. Although that was merely a clue that was part of the jigsaw. Thanks, Facebook.

The grammar kind of helped also...clearly there are some things that never do change. :love::up:

FWIW - it's not the first guy I thought of when hockey was brought up...

Hahaha too clever Adam, and yes my english is still fucking terrible.

I play in The Underkills - you've probably not heard of us because we've only played 2 gigs this year, and only played 2 last year. We're getting old and married and all that stuff and don't have time to play gigs anymore. Funny part of that is we played 2 of our best gigs in the last couple of years - one at Beach Ballroom and one at Lemon Tree, both of which were ace and both well attended (not down to us - much more to do with the bands we played alongside).

I did know that, and I do know the band. I just forgot to remember that I knew that.

xx