aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

I would never keep her from sharing her music with all the tens of people who want to listen to it.

Her last tweet is her saying she was in the studio on 4th March.

And her facebook page seems to be gone :|

In other news the Superlove by charlixcx which actually got some radio one airplay and some decent press got all the way to number 62 in the charts, lol :(

I even bought it for fuck sake!

I've heard Superlove quite a bit on the radio, disappointing chart entry :( Hopefully it'll get used on a telly program or advert and everyone will lose their shit about this brand 'new' song. 

This is basically what happened with "I Love It" (which she wrote) in the UK. 

FACT just reviewed Beyonce and gave it 4.5/5 so it seems her non-mainstream credibility is continuing to grow.

They put Sky Ferreira at number 2 in their albums list too which was quite a surprise. Flights, Karma, did either of you listen to that?

Edited by Paranoid Android

This is basically what happened with "I Love It" (which she wrote) in the UK. 

FACT just reviewed Beyonce and gave it 4.5/5 so it seems her non-mainstream credibility is continuing to grow.

They put Sky Ferreira at number 2 in their albums list too which was quite a surprise. Flights, Karma, did either of you listen to that?

I remember when I saw that advert. You had posted that song a fair while before it came out.

I have not listened to that. I'll try and get a listen over the weekend. Got a lot of parties so hopefully I can put it on!

• 3 weeks later...

I've not listened to the Sky Ferreira album all the way through yet but liked the first few tracks. I'll give it a proper listen on the way home this evening. 

Did you? 

You too flights!

I've been listened to the Angel Haze album a bit the last couple of days, it's pretty good. Very good pop/rnb/hip hop

http://youtu.be/M3jKU3Z7fVk

Also, I really like Banks and Angel Haze. Warm Water (Banks) came on a spotify radio channel I had a while back and I was instantly hooked.

Angel Haze is live on Boiler Room just now. Just tuned in but it's sounding good.

http://boilerroom.tv/session/house-vans-berlin-dam-funk-angel-haze-lapalux-kode-9-letherette/