aberdeen-music

Video Games that are both New and Good

Soda Jerk

I've never been particularly bothered with Fifa (not since FIFA 97). I played it a lot on the PSone but never made the move to the PS2 games. I picked up FIFA 10 for the PS3, played it a wee bit then got bored shitless with the odd controls and repetative gameplay so i haven't bothered picking up another one since. I don't play much online so is it the online stuff that really makes the FIFA series now? I'm not sure i want to be verbally abused by a 9 year old homophobe or be winning and some spotty oik chuck a bitch fit and quit the game. That's the entirety of my online experience games-wise across PC and PS3.

They are claiming the career mode is more akin to a football manager sim than ever before this year, so hopefully that will make up for it, as I hardly played 12 due to the manager mode being so limited. I don't play much online either as everyone who plays online is a power bastard.

I loved GOW 1 & 2 so very excited about the third instalment. The first two are the only games that I've actually bothered to complete - aside from Fallout 3 - in about 3 years. I'm looking forward to rounding the story off.

I'm going to buy both this and Fifa 12 on pay day and no-one will see or hear from me for weeks. Finally I will justify buying an X-box 360. I want some one to co-op it with!

I like the look of Dark Souls (aside from the allegedly insane difficulty). With that, Skyrim and The Witcher 2 coming to consoles early next year I'm pretty much sorted gaming wise. Probably more I've forgetten about but I love RPG's. If anyone is looking for a good RPG I heartily recommend Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga for xbox. A demo is on live for those interested in the games on demand section. Can be picked up for <£20 on amazon.

Online is not an essential part of FIFA at all. In fact I only ever played the online clubs (11 vs 11, where you control your own pro only). Unless you have a good team though it gets pish fast. Playing the automatic setup matches inevitably results in ball hoggers who just try ridiculous shots from 30 yards all the time.

I loved GOW 1 & 2 so very excited about the third instalment. The first two are the only games that I've actually bothered to complete - aside from Fallout 3 - in about 3 years. I'm looking forward to rounding the story off.

I'm going to buy both this and Fifa 12 on pay day and no-one will see or hear from me for weeks. Finally I will justify buying an X-box 360. I want some one to co-op it with!

If you don't work during the day, count me in. Every other sucker does.

Probably IP issues. That's about as much as I can give you though.

Yeah, I tried setting the IP address manually to the IP address of my computer, but it wouldn't stay set as that and keeps going back to 0000.0000.0000 (or whatever). Its probably something really obvious. None of the troubleshooting advice seems to work, so should I phone a helpline perhaps? It also seems to be something to do with the WEP code (or WPA, or something), which I can't understand as I know what the WEP code is and have entered it numerous times.

Yeah, I tried setting the IP address manually to the IP address of my computer, but it wouldn't stay set as that and keeps going back to 0000.0000.0000 (or whatever). Its probably something really obvious. None of the troubleshooting advice seems to work, so should I phone a helpline perhaps? It also seems to be something to do with the WEP code (or WPA, or something), which I can't understand as I know what the WEP code is and have entered it numerous times.

it should have a seperate ip address and not the same one as your computer. if you're setting it to exactly the same as the computers then that would be a problem and probably why it resets as the ip is already assigned. you'd need to log into your router and check the settings there and assign an ip on your xbox within the range your router gives out and keep it static.

does any of that make sense? I'm no it or xbox expert but i've sorted my fair share of xbox connection problems at home. currently battling an xbox-NAS-BTHomehub 3 way clusterfuck which is making my brain hurt.

If you take some pictures of the settings screens and send them to me in a private conversation I'll try and help you out.

it should have a seperate ip address and not the same one as your computer. if you're setting it to exactly the same as the computers then that would be a problem and probably why it resets as the ip is already assigned. you'd need to log into your router and check the settings there and assign an ip on your xbox within the range your router gives out and keep it static.

does any of that make sense? I'm no it or xbox expert but i've sorted my fair share of xbox connection problems at home. currently battling an xbox-NAS-BTHomehub 3 way clusterfuck which is making my brain hurt.

If you take some pictures of the settings screens and send them to me in a private conversation I'll try and help you out.

Cheers chaps. In the next few days I will try out your suggestions Dave. If I still can't get it to work I'll let you know Chris. Ta.

I just put my xbox in the DMZ for the BT homehub no issues

I just put my xbox in the DMZ for the BT homehub no issues

are you trying to play stuff off a nas? that's the issue i'm having. the xbox connects ok but doesn't see the nas and the nas doesn't seem to show up in the router. i can use the nas off my laptop and even connect from my phone but not hte bloody xbox. :(

So I was literally on the phone to my internet provider for an hour and five minutes going through everything the chap could think of, and still nothing. He is as baffled as me. I'm beginning to think it's hardware problem on the Xbox. What's worse is in all my faffing about, I somehow made the internet on my Mum and Dad's computer stop working which led to another 30 minutes on the phone to Sky, leading to no positive results. I fucking hate my life today.

So I was literally on the phone to my internet provider for an hour and five minutes going through everything the chap could think of, and still nothing. He is as baffled as me. I'm beginning to think it's hardware problem on the Xbox. What's worse is in all my faffing about, I somehow made the internet on my Mum and Dad's computer stop working which led to another 30 minutes on the phone to Sky, leading to no positive results. I fucking hate my life today.

try taking it round to someone elses and see if it connects then, at least then you can discount it being the xbox.