aberdeen-music

Black Atom tabs.

the_beastly_one

Just a suggestion...........Would it be possible for you guys to post some tabs of Black Atom songs on here, or on another guitar site? Judging by the response the album has had so far, I think there'd definitely be a demand for it, especially for us who are too fucking lazy and/or untalented to work them out ourselves! By the way, I was talking about guitar tabs, but I'm sure there are plenty of bassists and drummers who might use them too. If anything, it would bring some hits to the Atom site?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, i think the official consensus on Atom tabs is, first off, we are absolutely honoured that you all want our tabs and you wanna learn how to play our music, i dont honestly think i've ever heard of another local band getting such a request.

The thing is, as a local band im not so sure if we're really at a stage where we're ready to give away everything we have in the sense that guitar tabs would kinda lose the magic, if you follow my half awake ramblings.

Although, saying that i appreciate the demand is there so maybe a comprimise is in order? i'm thinking either maybe like giving you lot the chords at least, that would let you work on the leads n stuff yourselves, or we might be able to manage some tabs from the previous ep's and POSSIBLY one off the new album, or my favourite so far is, you guys go away and try and tab stuff out for yourselves and i'll host them on the atom site to share with everyone else.

Thoughts/ideas?

Guest Stripey

yea go and tab your tunes so the other youthclub kids can play along, and u can be like the fuckin pied piper of hamlyn with a trail of rats chasing you around waiting for the opportunity to suck your cock, because they don't know any better, and you can tell everyone how great you are because 2 pubescent teenagers from newtonhill and portlethen worship you.

This thread makes me laugh. Get some fucking perspective for christ sake.

Fuck off Stripey. You never seem to go out and actually experience anything, you're just here all the time telling everyone that they're shite and you're amazing. How many people want to play YOUR songs Stripey? None. Because they're probably shite.

Coming on our forum and tellling us we're crap... smacks of the behaviour of the kind of person who would go onto a gay chatroom and slag off the homos (i.e. patheticly childish and hopelessly immature).

Why do you get so mad that people like us Stripey? You jealous are you? Come on, bring the wrath... I'm a midget and I'll still kick yer arse...

yea go and tab your tunes so the other youthclub kids can play along' date=' and u can be like the fuckin pied piper of hamlyn with a trail of rats chasing you around waiting for the opportunity to suck your cock, because they don't know any better, and you can tell everyone how great you are because 2 pubescent teenagers from newtonhill and portlethen worship you.

This thread makes me laugh. Get some fucking perspective for christ sake.[/quote']

When you learn to play a musical instrument to the degree that this band can, feel free to make judgements.

you have a bit of a skewed perspective on reality dont you? i think the fact they are so inspired by the tunes that they want to pick up their own instruments and play is an incredible honour, i play guitar with the help of bands like metallica and maiden, and these dudes are wanting to be able to play our tunes, maybe it's a guitarist thing, and i guess your very rarely to get some dude come along and want to do what you do so much he'll ask to see your programming (yes i dont know the first thing about drumnbass) it seems a very individual type of music making. And when it comes down to it, if we're helping someone get to grips with the instrument atall, then all the better, spread some knowledge.

Guest Stripey
Fuck off Stripey. You never seem to go out and actually experience anything' date=' you're just here all the time telling everyone that they're shite and you're amazing. How many people want to play YOUR songs Stripey? None. Because they're probably shite.

Coming on our forum and tellling us we're crap... smacks of the behaviour of the kind of person who would go onto a gay chatroom and slag off the homos (i.e. patheticly childish and hopelessly immature).

Why do you get so mad that people like us Stripey? You jealous are you? Come on, bring the wrath... I'm a midget and I'll still kick yer arse...[/quote']

Oh, I'm not mad that people like you, I just find the whole thing amusing. You are more byker grove/grange hill band night than wembley stadium/TOTP, and the humour is the fact that you are so deluded that you think you really *are* good, and that a handful of kids lap it up like the tasteless adolecents that they are.

Also, I *never* tell people that I am "amazing", as you suggested. Unlike you and your crew, constantly jerking off into the forums about how great your new cd is.

Humility - you should learn the meaning of it.

Oh' date=' I'm not mad that people like you, I just find the whole thing amusing. You are more byker grove/grange hill band night than wembley stadium/TOTP, and the humour is the fact that you are so deluded that you think you really *are* good, and that a handful of kids lap it up like the tasteless adolecents that they are.

Also, I *never* tell people that I am "amazing", as you suggested. Unlike you and your crew, constantly jerking off into the forums about how great your new cd is.

Humility - you should learn the meaning of it.[/quote']

You really are fucking ridiculous, you know that? :moody:

'Holier than thou' Stripey, mean anything to you? At all? We've put a lot of time and effort into writing a cd, now I'm not going to go around telling people that it's crap am I? And for all you know people all over the world might have downloaded and enjoyed our music...

I just don't understand what your problem is. If you are in a band, then it's a logical step to build up a fanbase... that's what we've done, if you're slagging them all off then that's up to you, but it's such a dismissive and snobbish attitude to take. Why are they stupid if they think we're good and you don't?

Christ, I always end up trying to be reasonable, next time I don't think I'll bother. I don't have to justify myself to you. If you think it's funny that people like us, then good on you, you're entitled to your opinion, just like I might think it odd if you'd ever kissed a girl...

Guest Stripey
'Holier than thou' Stripey' date=' mean anything to you? At all? We've put a lot of time and effort into writing a cd, now I'm not going to go around telling people that it's crap am I? And for all you know people all over the world might have downloaded and enjoyed our music...[/quote']

Of course you aren't going to go around saying it's shit, but at the same time it's pretty embarassing to be going around flogging it left right and centre and extolling it's virtues like its the best thing since sliced bread.

If it was that good, you would be signed to a label, and not spending your own money producing cd's which you will most likely make a loss on.

Oh' date=' I'm not mad that people like you, I just find the whole thing amusing. You are more byker grove/grange hill band night than wembley stadium/TOTP, and the humour is the fact that you are so deluded that you think you really *are* good, and that a handful of kids lap it up like the tasteless adolecents that they are.

Humility - you should learn the meaning of it.[/quote']

I'd love to know if you've ever actually bothered listening to any of Black Atom's music?

You go on about how they're "constantly jerking off into the forums about how great your new cd is" - well you seem to be constantly jerking off about how crap stuff is that you've probably never even heard! Seriously, get over yourself. Have you actually nothing better to do with your time than come on here and slag off a band who are actually a damn good representive of Aberdeen's growing music scene? Or are you just so high and mighty yourself that you feel everyone is inferior to you, and you have to voice your opinion - which no one really cares about to be honest.

Perhaps you're the one who needs to learn the meaning of humility, and then practise it.

I bought the CD today, and after listening to it once I'm already hooked. Personally I'd love to see a couple of the tabs from some Atom songs, as a comprimise - Chasing Ghosts? Please? <333

And for all you know people all over the world might have downloaded and enjoyed our music...

*nods* My mate in California loved the bits of Out of Exile he got his hands on.

Of course you aren't going to go around saying it's shit' date=' but at the same time it's pretty embarassing to be going around flogging it left right and centre and extolling it's virtues like its the best thing since sliced bread.

If it was that good, you would be signed to a label, and not spending your own money producing cd's which you will most likely make a loss on.[/quote']

Boom. We're signed to Fat Hippy records (small but real) and it wasn't our own money we spent on producing it. Now go away and research your arguments before coming on here and dribbling a load of shite all over our nice clean forum...