aberdeen-music

Anyone considered a group purchase of guitars/basses direct from the manufacturers?

keeno

Cool. Was it really cheaper than a Mexican. I don't actually know how much a Mexican Jazzmaster costs.

I would be doing a tele, I've assembled a tele before so it wouldn't be a problem. No trem either so less hassle.

The Classic Player is about 720, I think the Blacktops are around 500.

I did get a reply to my email but instead of sending me a price list for everything I now have an invoice for 12 guitars! I can tell you the price of the following models though if you PM me.

WTHB-4W

WTHB-5W

WTHB-7W

WTHB-7W/TBK

WTHB-7W/NO FRET

WOLF-TC2/SATIN

WOLF-TC1

WOLF-SS/STRING THRU

WOLF-S2

WOLF-S2/7S

It did mention the weight of the packages and also it would be sent air mail to London but didn't mention anything about cost of shipping so I am not sure if that is included in the invoice fee. It also looks like someone will have to drive down to London to pick them up from customs! I am not sure it would be possible (or indeed wise) to arrange to have a courier pick them up and drive them here without checking everything first. I will send another email about shipping and from this I can be able to work out the actual cost including taxes. The cost of getting them to Aberdeen would depend on how many guitars and if we can find someone willing to drive there!

• 10 months later...

If anyone cares the company sent me a catalogue today of the new models. Must say quite a few interesting things there. The money I had set aside for doing something like this is long gone so no chance of me doing it this year. Still something I may consider doing in the future though! Seems they now offer tuneomatics and hipshot style bridges on everything instead of just the nasty licensed floyds.

http://wolf3.en.ec21.com/2012_New_Guitar_Vol.1--4684161_6827652.html

and part 2 is here

http://wolf3.en.ec21.com/2012_New_Guitar_Vol.2--4684161_6827958.html

some samples

2012PDF_40.jpg

2012PDF_53.jpg

2012PDF_24.jpg

2012PDF_26.jpg

KTB-5X-TBL%282012%29.jpg

KTL-2-RDS%282012%29.jpg

WTL-700BT%282012%29.jpg

WLP-750T-2FCS%282012%29.jpg

KLP-45FM-SGB%282012%29.jpg

The man who sold it to me was a very generous individual, I did a google search though anhd saw some nugget selling one for £500 so i'm trying to match that.

Don't think i'd ever sell it unless someone offered silly money though, or if I got the bottle up to spend that much cash on a real one........

I was eyeballing that Tokai Ricky copy. I've wanted one for ages. The first band I ever loved was The Jam. I want to be just like Paul Weller.

Are those Tokai copies any good? I see the odd one coming up on forums and ebay and whatnot for reasonable prices. One day I might take an almighty plunge on one.

If I got a real Ricky, it'd be a blueboy one:

150192141463-1.jpg

In case anyone missed the message, I am NOT doing this anymore, it is something that may be revisited in a year or two though. I really liked the idea of doing a group purchase with a group of people and passing on the savings. It still seems like a good plan and may be a great small business for someone. Spent all my money on a couple of customs hand built in Britain though and am very glad I did!

If anyone else wants to do this I will buy a few guitars though!