aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Despite my (unwarranted) comments earlier in the thread about the guy, i dont see the problem, he has so far been Rangers best player in almost every game he has played, including against us, the fans seem to like him and what he brings and so far the move has been a success for him. He was never an Aberdeen fan, or really an Aberdeen player, he was a Jimmy Calderwood player, he stayed here because he liked Jimmy, not the club, as soon as Jimmy left he wanted out but we wouldnt let him leave. As much as it annoys me we didnt see this form, fair play to him, he is showing finally he has the ability, time will tell if he has the consistency required.

Despite my (unwarranted) comments earlier in the thread about the guy, i dont see the problem, he has so far been Rangers best player in almost every game he has played, including against us, the fans seem to like him and what he brings and so far the move has been a success for him. He was never an Aberdeen fan, or really an Aberdeen player, he was a Jimmy Calderwood player, he stayed here because he liked Jimmy, not the club, as soon as Jimmy left he wanted out but we wouldnt let him leave. As much as it annoys me we didnt see this form, fair play to him, he is showing finally he has the ability, time will tell if he has the consistency required.

Fair enough then. Didn't strike me as a Rangers fan myself, I figured he'd fuck off back to England.

What's he been saying?

Forward Sone Aluko joined Rangers in November as a free agent after his contract expired with Aberdeen last summer.

He signed initially until the end of the season, with an option of a further two years, and McCoist had spoken of his desire to retain the player's services.

Aluko tweeted on a number of occasions on Wednesday afternoon, saying: "Testing times for everyone at RFC...great people and fans at the club in short time I've been there! Sure answers and clarity will come..."

He then added: "Sure u all will stay loyal to RFC!140years of success isnt easy to build! Long may it continue & sure it will!Thanks for msgs! "

Aluko finished with the message: ""trials produce endurance, endurance develops character and character brings hope"...have a feeling ibrox will be packed Saturday :)"

Barry Robson is going to play in the MLS at the end of this season. He's signed an agreement to go to Vancouver Whitecaps. I'm not happy about this. He's been our best player for the last 18 months or so. Boourns.

He can have some caaawfee with Kris Boyd then maybe.

He can if they play against Portland, yes.

It seems that Mowbray is clearing out the players he sold to us when Strachan was our manager and he was at Celtic. Flood and Killen went in the summer while McManus is away on loan to Bristol City having failed to get near the first team in the last few months. With Robson leaving all that'll be left from that group of Celtic imports is Scott McDonald and I get the impression that he's only been kept around for this long because we're desperately short of options up front.

Huddersfield fans seem pretty delighted that Clark has "finally" been sacked. They are a hard bunch to please, it seems. I think they expected Champions League qualification this season, and Clark couldn't deliver that. He just had to go. Not good enough.

I think they were just a bit disilusioned with him. They have had 3 years of very good financial backing for the league they are in haven't been able to get promoted. They see teams like Brighton and Charlton who have built teams on less and got out easily.

Still seems a bit harsh mind.

Well of course, that was the joke.

I'm not a big fan of Middlesbrough so I'm not sure what the situation is there. I assume Leroy Lita is gone now?

Ooh, it was a joke. I get jokes.

Scott McDonald is knacked, possibly out for the season, so we're left with Marvin Emnes (got off to a great start in August but has cooled off recently), Lukas Jutkiewicz (recent signing from Coventry - looks handy) and Curtis Main (19 year old signed from Darlington in the summer who hadn't played in the first team until a couple of weeks ago - unknown quantity).