aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Liverpool fans believe this is "clear evidence" that Suarez offered his hand:

AlYqIlJCAAAI9Fs.jpg:large

But that outstretched hand purposely goes straight past Patrice Evra's hand and into De Gea's. Oh, and now Suarez has apologised for purposely not shaking Evra's hands, which pretty much cements the fact that he didn't. Liverpool fans need to get a grip and just admit that their toilet club are a bunch of twatcunts, instead of clutching at imaginary straws.

Has Suarez actually apologised for the original offence yet? I can't remember him doing it. I love his statement about just wanting to move on and concentrate on playing football, completely ignoring anything other than the handshake. However, this statement is the best of all from Ian Ayre, Liverpool managing director.

We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so. He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable. Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club

Using racist language is 'banter' and not irresponsible or below what is expected of the club, but not shaking someone's hand - bang out of order. Hang your head in shame for that.

With regards to the apology- it doesn't even need to be an all out 'I brought shame upon myself and my club' type one but just some admission of wrongdoing and apology to Evra would go a hell of a lot way to at least restoring some of the respect everyone has lost for them. He's given all the evidence about how the word he used is commonplace in Uruguay, all he has to do is say he didn't realise that was offensive here (the fact he should have is a different matter entirely!), apologise for using that language and any offence caused, then say he has learned from the experience and now knows it is not accepted in our culture. It's not hard now, is it? It's barely even admitting guilt but it's a lot better than the current silence.

He had to apologize what else could he do? Jesus H Christ why didnt he just shake Evra's hand in the first bloody place and we could have been spared this nonsense.

Oh dear Mick M must be severely under pressure after Wolves were buggered 5-1 by arch rivals West Brom. There's not been nearly enough managerial sackings this season, we want more!

I was speaking to my Dad about this the other day; why exactly would HarryRedknapp take the England job? It's a poisoned chalice. All he will ever do is reach the quarter finals because the players just aren't good enough and he will be restricted as he won't be able to utilise a transfer market. He could stay at Spurs and become a legend and win things. I think that it would be a poor choice to leave them, tbh.

I was speaking to my Dad about this the other day; why exactly would HarryRedknapp take the England job? It's a poisoned chalice. All he will ever do is reach the quarter finals because the players just aren't good enough and he will be restricted as he won't be able to utilise a transfer market. He could stay at Spurs and become a legend and win things. I think that it would be a poor choice to leave them, tbh.

£6million/annum.....maybe...I'll think about it

I read that in the paper today, interesting stuff. Assuming they get done over in the courts, I wouldn't be surprised if the SPL members allow Rangers to stay in the league for the sake of preservation and safeguarding revenues and sponsorships. What a great chance for the clubs outwith the Old Firm to reorganise the structure and the voting system for the long term benefit of the league though.

I read that in the paper today, interesting stuff. Assuming they get done over in the courts, I wouldn't be surprised if the SPL members allow Rangers to stay in the league for the sake of preservation and safeguarding revenues and sponsorships. What a great chance for the clubs outwith the Old Firm to reorganise the structure and the voting system for the long term benefit of the league though.

I was thinking something similar myself. I don't think that the SFA would ever dock points from the Old Firm, I think that, conversely, they would do everything in their power not to lose them given how massive a boost they are for their finances. If this were any other team - Hearts, for example - I can't imagine for a minute the SFA hesitating to act on them for entering administration, or whatever.

Or maybe they'll prove me wrong and Dundee United will finish second. Who knows.

Speaking of stuff getting really boring: Aberdeen slump seems to be back. Didn't watch the game so I might be wrong, but it seemed like another uninspired 0-0. Boo.

Still unbeaten since the turn of the year!

Played quite well in spells against Hibs.

Pretty much dominated the game bar the first 15 and last 15.

Still need some width in the team.

I was thinking something similar myself. I don't think that the SFA would ever dock points from the Old Firm, I think that, conversely, they would do everything in their power not to lose them given how massive a boost they are for their finances. If this were any other team - Hearts, for example - I can't imagine for a minute the SFA hesitating to act on them for entering administration, or whatever.

Or maybe they'll prove me wrong and Dundee United will finish second. Who knows.

If they go into administration, they have to dock them points....league rules. Don't see any way round it.

However, if Rangers go into liquidation and are basically repackaged as a new company, there's no way they'll be put into League 3 (which strictly they should) because of the other SPL clubs' dependency on revenue from OF matches. If you remove Rangers from the league, half the clubs in the SPL would probably go under with them.

That said, even if Rangers remain in the SPL, those revenues would likely drop like a stone anyway......we've already seen how loyal Rangers fans are when their club is in the mire, so ticket revenues for everyone else will plummet. Can't see TV money doing anything other than going down if the league becomes a one horse race each year.

The highly enjoyable schadenfreude at Rangers expense might be shortlived if we all end up suffering as a result. Sure I'll still LOL like a fucking drain if they go under though.

Seriously guys. If you only watch one 11 minute long 5 year montage of Mick McCarthy today, make it this one

It will make your life more better. The bit at 3:49 about Real Madrid ended me.

Wolves have lost the best man. I used to like Wolves for the Mick factor. Now they've got fuck all, except Jarvis. Oh and Elokobi; the Cameroonian John O'Shea. Give him the England job. Yorkshire as fuck.

• Upvote 1

They should be 4th, they've been much better this season.

I hope spurs win it all, despite Harry. City have become boring and rubbish again. I was all for them when they were great to watch for the first few months of the season. The pressure seems to have affected their style of play in the last couple of months.

Just realised Arsenal are actually 4th on goals scored. I've not been paying attention lately. Didn't know that Mick had been sacked either.

I didn't realise Arsenal are 4th. That doesn't feel right. I hope Newcastle beat them to it at the end of the season. It would be great if they got in the Champions League. Imagine that. Leon Best and Nile Ranger in the Champers. Perhaps Sameobi can be the second of the Ameobis to score against Barca. Phwoar.

I didn't realise Arsenal are 4th. That doesn't feel right. I hope Newcastle beat them to it at the end of the season. It would be great if they got in the Champions League. Imagine that. Leon Best and Nile Ranger in the Champers. Perhaps Sameobi can be the second of the Ameobis to score against Barca. Phwoar.

Last time we were in the Champions League we had a backline of Andy Griffin, Andy O'Brien, Aaron Hughes and Olivier Bernard. Among their deputies were Wayne Quinn, Robbie Elliott, both Caldwell brothers and Marcelino. Jermaine Jenas and Kieron Dyer played central midfield. What a shitty, shitty group of players.

• Upvote 1