aberdeen-music

Im am soooooooo sick of this

cool1

Yeah this is fast becoming a joke, every year they raise their prices and they come away with the same old shite, running costs are going up blah blah. Yeah, well my wages aren't going up so stop fucking with us.

the running costs elsewhere are higher but they do not put there prices up they are just taking advantage of aberdeen

stagecoach running costs are high but they keep the prices lower than first I think it would be great if they could take over some of firsts routes

Lothian buses have it sussed with their flat rate for a single ticket. It's good value in a place the size of Edinburgh and, I'd assume, discourages people getting on the bus for a few stops.

It used to be fine and handy when it was a pount too because you didn;t have to fuck around getting change sorted. I think it's up to 1.20 now though.

Does anyone get the 27? That fucking meat wagon was the bane of my life for 2 years.

As for Stagecoach: 15 for a return to Fraserburgh! The Wi:Fi is not an excuse for the price because it's non existent.

Lothian buses have it sussed with their flat rate for a single ticket. It's good value in a place the size of Edinburgh and, I'd assume, discourages people getting on the bus for a few stops.

It used to be fine and handy when it was a pount too because you didn;t have to fuck around getting change sorted. I think it's up to 1.20 now though.

Does anyone get the 27? That fucking meat wagon was the bane of my life for 2 years.

As for Stagecoach: 15 for a return to Fraserburgh! The Wi:Fi is not an excuse for the price because it's non existent.

I mean in the city the 59

there cheaper in the city

I mean a monopoly is fine as long it offers good value

on a duel carrigeway they have to go fast so that probally uses alot of fuel

just one last thing isnt fraserbourgh almost the distance of aberdeen - dundee

I mean in the city the 59

there cheaper in the city

I mean a monopoly is fine as long it offers good value

on a duel carrigeway they have to go fast so that probally uses alot of fuel

just one last thing isnt fraserbourgh almost the distance of aberdeen - dundee

Dundee is 12 miles further. Not sure what the price of a bus ticket is to Dundee but I still think 15 is a lot for that journey. Especially when you can get to edinburgh for 22 return on the train. Perhaps comparatively it isn't that expensive, but I reckon the price of bus travel in general is a tad on the steep side. A necessary evil though.

What's that about the 59? I'm lost.

Regarding fuel consumption: cruising at a steady 60 in top gear is more efficient, so surely dual carriageways are no reason for increased prices.

Dundee is 12 miles further. Not sure what the price of a bus ticket is to Dundee but I still think 15 is a lot for that journey. Especially when you can get to edinburgh for 22 return on the train. Perhaps comparatively it isn't that expensive, but I reckon the price of bus travel in general is a tad on the steep side. A necessary evil though.

What's that about the 59? I'm lost.

Regarding fuel consumption: cruising at a steady 60 in top gear is more efficient, so surely dual carriageways are no reason for increased prices.

ok heres the deal

all of bus routes in aberdeen are run by first except one which is stagecoach number 59 and the ticket price is cheaper than first

Not true, you can get stagecoach buses from Hazelhead, Sheddocksley, Altens/Tullos, Buckburn/Woodside, Dyce, Bridge of Don, Cults/Craigiebuckler.

If a stagecoach bus goes through a part of town, you'll find it picks up passengers, and it's more than you think.

But yeah, First are shite in Aberdeen, i'm just glad I live in a city that doesn't have first buses.

Not true, you can get stagecoach buses from Hazelhead, Sheddocksley, Altens/Tullos, Buckburn/Woodside, Dyce, Bridge of Don, Cults/Craigiebuckler.

If a stagecoach bus goes through a part of town, you'll find it picks up passengers, and it's more than you think.

But yeah, First are shite in Aberdeen, i'm just glad I live in a city that doesn't have first buses.

what I mean is a city bus that only runs through the city

But all stagecoach buses go to the bus station, so therefore go through the city. It's just that they are usually coming from/going further afield

I mean buses that go from one end of the city to another end of the city

oh and the number 59 never goes into the bus station

Having had the pleasure of using Melbourne's public transport system for the last 6 months I really can't bare the thought of ever having to rely on First again.

Here it's $5 for an all day ticket that lets me use any tram, train or bus route within the city's zone 1 (which covers a huge circumference, Zone 2 would probably cover the equivalent distance wise of, say, Stonehaven). The tram and buses are regular from 5am to 1am (plus practically a 24 hour service on Friday and Saturday nights) and their are a gazillion routes that means you rarely have to walk more than 10 minutes to get to any destination no matter where you'll travelling from. The fact that the city and it's suburbs are laid out in a pretty strict 'grid' format helps obviously but it still so far ahead of First in every single aspect of it's service it really isn't funny.