aberdeen-music

Debutant: Album For FREE Download

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
I have to admit i didn't FLAC it or anything, it's just at 320kbps, but i'll give it a listen through some of our stuff and see how it sounds and let you know. If you can get good definition and character out of an older mid-range system though it should sound even better through a higher spec newer system in a lossless format.

Does the link allow multiple downloads because if it does i may get something better quality-wise for these purposes?

I'm pretty sure it allows for multiple downloads, yeah. It certainly will if you use a different email address, as far as I'm aware. If not, might be something I can do about it at my end.

Well... I finally managed to download it (t'other night, my ISP must have been playing silly beggars).....

Phil... I have to say that in fairness, it wouldn't have been my usual genre of music to listen to....but I REALLY liked it a lot... the music was very nice, and I really chilled out to it with headphones on, eyes closed...... lovely.... (Really liked "King of Doublespeak")

As some others have said, my only criticism, is some vocals are a (bit) too echoey/spacey for me !

.... but very enjoyable, nonetheless..... :up:

(Oil' gif it foive..... oops showing my age now... that's from either JBJ or RSG)

Guest idol_wild
Well... I finally managed to download it (t'other night, my ISP must have been playing silly beggars).....

Phil... I have to say that in fairness, it wouldn't have been my usual genre of music to listen to....but I REALLY liked it a lot... the music was very nice, and I really chilled out to it with headphones on, eyes closed...... lovely.... (Really liked "King of Doublespeak")

As some others have said, my only criticism, is some vocals are a (bit) too echoey/spacey for me !

.... but very enjoyable, nonetheless..... :up:

(Oil' gif it foive..... oops showing my age now... that's from either JBJ or RSG)

The reverb-laden vocals are essentially just a stylistic thing, so it's expected that not all will dig them so much. :up:

But sincerely, thanks to all who gave the album a chance and took the time to slap up a comment or two. :)

Sorry for the delay (yes, i went there) but i've had a proper listen now and the songs are nicely performed and the album flows really well as a whole. Nothing leaps out and grabs me as a stand-out track but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

In terms of sound quality if i'd been mixing it i would've dialled down the treble on the guitar sound a little as i found it a touch too bright and maybe filled it out with a basic bassline to give it a bit more warmth, but i guess that's just a personal preference.

Vocals are good though and sit really well in the mix and the overall space and presence of the tracks lends to the feel overall and sets quite a nice ambient mood.

Liked it.