aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Bigsby

The Malpaso Gang - Aberdeen's New Country Band

I know there are a few country fans on here so I thought I would start a thread so you can keep up to date with Aberdeen's new country band The Malpaso Gang.

We play original material in the vein of classic country from the 40s/50s/60s, influences include George Jones, Hank Williams and The MIller Sisters. A few choice covers are thrown in from time to time.

As well as myself on guitar we've got Nina from Hashimoto Jones on vocals, Chris (Ex Panda Eyes/Jo McCafferty Band) on drums, Dave (Mighty Scuba, Ex Jo McCafferty Band) on bass and Son Henry on steel guitar (you know all about him).

Our debut will be at Musa this coming Sunday (21st November), onstage just after 10pm.

If you are a trendy hipster you can follow us on Facebook too:

Welcome to Facebook

We have a solo acoustic dude on before you guys at 9pm - Foxhunting. :-)

Solo? I thought foxhunting was (a) band.

(Sorry)

Solo? I thought foxhunting was (a) band.

(Sorry)

*groan*

Just the one person! It'll be my first proper gig too, barring two 7.30pm openmics. ;)

I can't make that gig but look forward to catching some country at a later date

We're at The Clubhouse on 3rd December, Fudge NIght at The Moorings 11th Dec and then back at Musa in January, think it's Sat 29th. :)

And hey, we get beer too, right? Do they know how much we actually drink? Nina can really put them away....

She puts the "Dutch" into "Dutch courage".

Did the Clubhouse not change it's name some time ago to the Great Western Hotel ?

Aye, it did. And got a nice ugly sign plastered on too. :down:

It's the Struan forever!!

I'll ask my leather chaps if they fancy moseying along with me...they're usually up for some hog-tieing etc

It's the Struan forever!!

I'll ask my leather chaps if they fancy moseying along with me...they're usually up for some hog-tieing etc

Really? Are you sure you haven't been given a bum steer?

We are playing once again this coming Friday (3rd Dec) at The Great Western Hotel. We'll do a set then British Blues Instrumentalist of the Year Son Henry will play some solo blues.