aberdeen-music

The organising and the playing of Football

Soda Jerk

I could be one of those players if still needed.

Game's just been cancelled, the other team pulled out which is good because I'd amassed a whopping 3 players so far. Cheers anyway though man, I'm quite often looking for an extra body if you're keen for games in the future?

Game's just been cancelled, the other team pulled out which is good because I'd amassed a whopping 3 players so far. Cheers anyway though man, I'm quite often looking for an extra body if you're keen for games in the future?

Yes, give me a shout, I've missed getting a regular game of football since I moved to Aberdeen.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gladstone

To: Anyone who will listen.

After next week (i.e. after I've completed the Edinburgh Marathon on 27th May) I'm going to be looking for games of football. I've jacked in the football coaching and now have a bit more time on my hands and I fancy playing some football again. Give me a shout if you're ever a player down. Generally, Tuesday doesn't work as it's band practice night, but any other midweek evening should be good...

To: Anyone who will listen.

After next week (i.e. after I've completed the Edinburgh Marathon on 27th May) I'm going to be looking for games of football. I've jacked in the football coaching and now have a bit more time on my hands and I fancy playing some football again. Give me a shout if you're ever a player down. Generally, Tuesday doesn't work as it's band practice night, but any other midweek evening should be good...

Likewise. I'd love to get a regular game going.

Guest Gladstone

Anyone that's up for a regular friendly game of 5s / 6s at Strikers on Thursdays at 6.10pm, PM me your email address.

Looking into getting a regular game organised if I get enough folk. Be honest though - if you can only manage on just the odd occasion, tell me!! I don't want to block book a slot at Strikers to then be scrabbling around for players on a Thursday afternoon every week...

I'd be up for a regular game too, Mondays or Wednesdays suit me best. I already play on a Tuesday.

Did you not have a decent Tuesday night one on the go?

I'm up for a game. I'm about 3 weeks away from my ankle ligaments being intact again; cannot wait. No rugby or football for 6 weeks makes Moose very sad.

Guest Gladstone
Did you not have a decent Tuesday night one on the go?

I'm up for a game. I'm about 3 weeks away from my ankle ligaments being intact again; cannot wait. No rugby or football for 6 weeks makes Moose very sad.

Up for a game on Thursdays at Strikers at 6.10pm you say?

Uptake so far (having just sent out the e-mail about 10 minutes ago) is pretty good. Looking to start on 7th June...

Why do you never invite me? I assumed you didn't do it any more as you don't invite me any more. Are my skillz too much for you to handle?

Up for a game on Thursdays at Strikers at 6.10pm you say?

Uptake so far (having just sent out the e-mail about 10 minutes ago) is pretty good. Looking to start on 7th June...

Potensh. I'll let you know when I'm all healed up. I'm fat and out of shape so need to do something about it.

Why do you never invite me? I assumed you didn't do it any more as you don't invite me any more. Are my skillz too much for you to handle?

There's a 'core group' of about 18 people that get first dibs then it goes to OUTSIDERS like you. We've also kind of moved from six-a-side to five-a-side now that fitness has generally improved, and depending on the standard of player in the first ten.

Anyone that's up for a regular friendly game of 5s / 6s at Strikers on Thursdays at 6.10pm, PM me your email address.

Looking into getting a regular game organised if I get enough folk. Be honest though - if you can only manage on just the odd occasion, tell me!! I don't want to block book a slot at Strikers to then be scrabbling around for players on a Thursday afternoon every week...

As it stands, I can make that slot for minimum the next three months. I would definitely be up for it, though as I'm sure you know, I'm of a poor quality. I'm sure I could get a mate or two along as well. But we're both woefully shite.

Guest Gladstone
As it stands, I can make that slot for minimum the next three months. I would definitely be up for it, though as I'm sure you know, I'm of a poor quality. I'm sure I could get a mate or two along as well. But we're both woefully shite.

Don't put yourself down like that - you're better than Darren Mackie. He played professional football for about a million years...

I'll add you to the list, but I'll need your e-mail address - fire it in a PM - so I can add you to the mailing list...