aberdeen-music

The organising and the playing of Football

Soda Jerk

I'm on a stagguhl all day. Part of that is actually a game at Strikers, believe it or not. And fuck yer 'forecast', playing in the rain is ace.

I'm new to this "being outside" shit, so I wouldn't know. Plus I have no football boots so will have to either hope for dry enough grass for trainers not to slip on or chap some nails through the soles of my trainers.

xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, I want to try and get a weekly game organised. Happy to take the lead and get it booked up etc, but need names and email address of those wot are interested.

Thinking either Mondays or Wednesdays based on the poll, and that I can't manage Tuesdays.

GIVE ME YOUR NAMES and PM me your email address if you wanna be ON THE LIST.

Ideally we'd probably want a pool of about 16 guys to make sure the spaces are covered each week - if you have any mates that would be interested, ask around.

LET'S DO THIS THING!

Hmm, probably Strikers in Bridge of Don. Pretty easy to get to for those in town, super easy for me to get to from my house ( :up: ) and not as VAST as the Sports Village where we'd probably need to make it seven or eight a side. Only other option is Goals, but it's a massive pain in the hoop for me to get to, to be honest and we're slowly but surely entering bad weather time (Strikers is indoors).

If its an after work game, with a kick-off no later than 6:30, then I'd be happy inject some experience and an "auld heid" (auld body too, sadly) into the proceedings. I work just up the road a bit from Strikers, so it would be ideal for me.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with Cpt America, Goals sucks the cock of someone sucking someone else's cock - and it always has.

Yeah, I hate Goals tbh. Probably between 6.30 and 7. Early enough that you would probably go straight from work if you work a 9-5.

That would be braw. I play there twice a week a lunchtimes anyway and my then Saturday team were Pauline's very first customer way back when it opened. The old 7's pitch was great for training drills and bounce games.

I think Strikers is a good facility and Pauline runs a tight ship. She's always got spare towels, kit, trainers etc if you need them at short notice.

I agree that Bunks-a-Dee and ASV are superb facilities though.