aberdeen-music

The organising and the playing of Football

Soda Jerk

Guest Gladstone
Last night i scored an overhead, body twist, lob, volley with the inside of my foot into the top corner off of a long ball played from defence. It was majestic. I've been waiting my whole life to score a goal like that.

Might as well give up now.

You'll never ever top that, so yeah, just don't ever play football again...

I scored some spectacular efforts during a spell playing every week in a league at Strikers, and wish I'd just hung the boots up back then...

A couple that stick in the memory:

A left foot volley from the halfway line into the top corner, which I basically just took the shot because I was too fucked to take it down and run anywhere due to a goal seconds earlier where I took on most of the team and scored...

One of those ones where the ball was crossed in, I let it through my legs and back-heel/flicked it in on the volley.

And one that I dinked over the keeper's head from about 5 yards out. Doesn't sound that impressive, but in small goals getting the ball up and over the keeper and down again was pretty cool.

Don't think I've ever scored an overhead kick in my life though. I'll do that on Monday if the game's on. Just for completeness.

You'll never ever top that, so yeah, just don't ever play football again...

I scored some spectacular efforts during a spell playing every week in a league at Strikers, and wish I'd just hung the boots up back then...

A couple that stick in the memory:

A left foot volley from the halfway line into the top corner, which I basically just took the shot because I was too fucked to take it down and run anywhere due to a goal seconds earlier where I took on most of the team and scored...

One of those ones where the ball was crossed in, I let it through my legs and back-heel/flicked it in on the volley.

And one that I dinked over the keeper's head from about 5 yards out. Doesn't sound that impressive, but in small goals getting the ball up and over the keeper and down again was pretty cool.

Don't think I've ever scored an overhead kick in my life though. I'll do that on Monday if the game's on. Just for completeness.

That cross you put in from the edge of the pitch that floated over everyone's head and into the bottom corner of the goal last week was a bit special.

I scored a beaut last week with my workmates. At Goals, shot from my own half, curled it right into the top corner. There was a girl in goal like, so it doesn't really count.

Guest Gladstone
That cross you put in from the edge of the pitch that floated over everyone's head and into the bottom corner of the goal last week was a bit special.

I scored a beaut last week with my workmates. At Goals, shot from my own half, curled it right into the top corner. There was a girl in goal like, so it doesn't really count.

I really wish that was a shot, because it was proper postage stamp. I was trying to find Scootray's coupon, but he got just under it - it might have even back-combed his hair a little...

I just remembered my debut game in the Goals league actually. We were in a pretty good league with some proper good 5s teams, and in my first game we were getting tanked about 11-0 with a couple of minutes to go. I was in my own half, facing their goal, with a guy right between me and the goal. Shifted it to the right and just curled it sweetly into the top right corner. One of the best goals of my life, but at 11-1, it didn't matter a shit.

The list so far:-

Murrr +2

Edd

Nev

Gladstone

Joe

Ross

Calum

Davidm +1

Woods

Ryan/James: wasn't sure whether or not to include you guys as you were talking about being injured. Let me know ASAP.

Five slots left. I can definitely fill those before Monday, so if you're not on the list but want to play then put your name down.

Does this mean nothing will be happening a week tomorrow?

Depends on how many people are interested, really. I'm only really willing to organise a maximum of one of these things each week because it's quite a lot of people to coordinate, but we should just play whenever people want to play. I think it makes sense to primarily focus on Monday nights, though, as that seems to be the day that most people are available.

Depends on how many people are interested, really. I'm only really willing to organise a maximum of one of these things each week because it's quite a lot of people to coordinate, but we should just play whenever people want to play. I think it makes sense to primarily focus on Monday nights, though, as that seems to be the day that most people are available.

Can I put my name in the hat as an absolute definite for Monday, Murr?

Guest idol_wild

I do not like the fact that you guys are organising regular kickabouts when I no longer live in Aberdeen.

You bunch of bellends.

I miss playing football.

Don't drop deep into the defence this time. You become half as effective. It's like putting Wayne Rooney in defence. Sure, you get his exuberance, but what about his threat? Get up top and put a head on it!

Pfft. I man marked him out of the game in the first half! How did it feel in my pocket Nefarious C? ;)

Guest Gladstone
Pfft. I man marked him out of the game in the first half! How did it feel in my pocket Nefarious C? ;)

I coasted past you as if you weren't there for my George Weah goal early on.

How did that feel?