aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Le Stu

Predators

Predators Movie

I expect this will turn out to be rubbish, by the general law of tainted franchises but maybe it'll be rad, who knows.

I think Robert Rodriguez wrote it and his company are producing so should be good.

If memory serves Predator 2 was pretty good, although I'm going on the memory of seeing it at the Odeon on Justice Mill Lane in 1990, aged 12.

Predator 2 is pretty pish in comparison to the original.

Maybe so, but decent enough according to my memory of seeing it 20 years ago.

I think Robert Rodriguez wrote it and his company are producing so should be good.

If memory serves Predator 2 was pretty good, although I'm going on the memory of seeing it at the Odeon on Justice Mill Lane in 1990, aged 12.

It's okay but yeah, not a patch on the original. King Willy was pretty ace.

"you don't see the eyes of the demon, 'till him come callin'..."

FUC-KING VOODOO MAGIC MON, AHAHA :up:

I'm a fan of Rodriguez' films so we shall see.

"you don't see the eyes of the demon, 'till him come callin'..."

FUC-KING VOODOO MAGIC MON, AHAHA :up:

:laughing: I love that bit. P2 isnt as good as Predator but not many sequels are. I'll definitely be going to see Predators, regardless if I hear it's shite - it's just got to be done.

Yeah, it's the lines in the first one.

"...I'll bleed ya, real quiet.."

Had a lad's movie night watching this and we were absolutely pissing ourselves :laughing:

Yeah, it's the lines in the first one.

"...I'll bleed ya, real quiet.."

Had a lad's movie night watching this and we were absolutely pissing ourselves :laughing:

Best line in Pred is a tough contest. My votes are all Arnie. "Stick around", "knock knock", "If it bleeds, we can kill it" and, the somewhat obvious but utter classic "Get to the choppa!!!". "Stick around" possibly edges it as my favourite Arnie line ever, just beating "Let off some steam Bennet!" from Commando.

You can't mention Arnie to my boyfriend without him doing his "get to tha choppaaa" impression, followed by the strange gargled noise o_O

You can't mention Arnie to my boyfriend without him doing his "get to tha choppaaa" impression, followed by the strange gargled noise o_O

NNNNNYYYYARRRGGGGLLLLAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By any chance?

"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me. "

Did we do this already, in the other thread? I don't want to bore other people. I drink, so it's fine by me.

I dunno, if we did I missed it so "I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun". As for my thoughts on the film, I think it has hope. Robert Rodriguez generally means it shouldn't be fuck awful anyway, as long is it is better than Pred 2 and both AVP's, I shall be happy.

The first AvP has the distinction of being the only film ever to lead to a complaint from my neighbours about my surround system. It was OK, a forgettable bit of fun.

The second AvP has the distinction of being one of the worst films I have ever seen. Probably second only to AI: Artificial Intelligence.

The first AvP has the distinction of being the only film ever to lead to a complaint from my neighbours about my surround system. It was OK, a forgettable bit of fun.

The second AvP has the distinction of being one of the worst films I have ever seen. Probably second only to AI: Artificial Intelligence.

AI was only more awful because you went into it with high expectations. AvP2: Requiem was an insult to even my stupidity.

AI was only more awful because you went into it with high expectations.

Exactly right, although the arse-numbing running time helped push it into top spot as well.

You took three hours of my life and I want them back Spielberg! *shakes fist*

NNNNNYYYYARRRGGGGLLLLAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By any chance?

That's it, wasnt sure how I'd spell it but you've shown me how hahaha

Saw this last night.....

Long Tall Sally. Check.

Falling into a lake off a high section of Jungle. Check.

Covered in mud to fight predator. Check.

Use some of Arnie's lines. Check

Guy stops to fight predator using only a blade. Check.

etc etc etc.

Still quite enjoyed it though, if a bit silly in places. Also, Adrian Brody is not really an action hero, he's fairly been putting in the reps at the gym though.

6/10