aberdeen-music

Crap jokes PART III. Enjoy!

Dan G

Guest stripey
Originally posted by Joe Atom

Seeing as how your 'listening to' section seems to suggest that you are one of those people who thinks it's cool to only like obscure bands (and then probably disown them when they have any commercial success I bet) I would have thought that you would have wanted to support them by actually giving them some of your cash.

Actually a few of the people in my "listening to:" are pretty succesfull and well known, future sound of london, or edrush+optical, for example. I don't hate stuff just because it becomes popular. I hate stuff that *crassly manufactures its popularity and lives off it like a parasite*. I do actually buy quite a bit of vinyl on a regular basis, often of artists who have only released a few tunes. So I support them that way. The reason I am willing to pay for vinyl is that new tunes from new artists are coming out every few weeks, and thats where you find the freshest and most interesting (and sometimes awful) stuff. You arent paying for packaging and a marketing machine when you are buying whitelabels.

I really couldn't care less if people download our tunes, in fact I heartily encourage it! But if they're on MP3.com, don't come whingeing to us that you can't download any of our songs, when it's just your own dislike for a particular website that stops you getting them. Hundreds of people have downloaded 'Last Day' and one whingeing ninny who can't work out how doesn't really bother us to be honest.

It's not that I cant work out how to download it, its that I don't think I should have to give my email address to some 3rd party website in order to have a listen. *shrug* I don't think you appreciate the stigma that mp3.com carries with it on the internet. Putting your stuff on their is kinda like putting an ad in a loney hearts column. Anyway, don't worry, I was just offering some advice. Keep yer wig on mate. ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MerryChristmas

all work and no play makes merrychristmas a dull boy

all cds and no money makes merrychristmas a dull boy due to him not being able to have fun if he buys a few cd

america = a neo-nazi state, with a preference to jews so that they look good

Originally posted by MerryChristmas

all work and no play makes merrychristmas a dull boy

all cds and no money makes merrychristmas a dull boy due to him not being able to have fun if he buys a few cd

america = a neo-nazi state, with a preference to jews so that they look good

Did you just hear that stripey was having some words on here so you thought you'd come along and be your usual unsupportive self?

pass the lube! the goats head is goin up che's arse again......

cheer up folks

this is a bit harsh (mebbes deservedly so- when people go and talk themselves into a corner(why isn't there a cackling witch smiley?)),but you might want to check out the creative suggestions thread over in musicians corner...

another nice thing...

Saint Che:

GAMBONE, Larry

Red Lion Press

A5 pamphlet

Che as religious icon. Che as Stalinist policeman. Che as admirer of Peronist fascism. Time to tear down those posters, boys and girls!

....so don't pick on people who pretend to be musos/politicos/intellectuals with obviously inadequate credentials. don't mock the afflicted.

lets rise above here people (smirks)

shit, there's no smirking smiley either...

Guest stripey

Re: cheer up folks

Originally posted by vapid

this is a bit harsh (mebbes deservedly so- when people go and talk themselves into a corner(why isn't there a cackling witch smiley?)),but you might want to check out the creative suggestions thread over in musicians corner...

? Whats your point?

Che as religious icon. Che as Stalinist policeman. Che as admirer of Peronist fascism. Time to tear down those posters, boys and girls!

....so don't pick on people who pretend to be musos/politicos/intellectuals with obviously inadequate credentials. don't mock the afflicted.

lets rise above here people (smirks)

shit, there's no smirking smiley either...

I'm well aware that the image of che guevera is a big dirty cliche, but i dont have a 6 foot poster of it on my wall. I was browsing through google images looking for an avatar and spotted this one, which I thought was appropriate, I had no idea it was che at first. *shrug*

I don't pretend to be or claim to be anything.

Guest stripey

Re: cheer up folks

Originally posted by vapid and rass

" Did you just hear that Rass was having some words on here so you thought you'd come along and be your usual unsupportive self?

pass the lube! the goats head is goin up atom's arse again......

"

:laughing:

if you dont like Black Atom then why the hell are you posting on their forum?

or if you havent heard them then why not make an effort to go see them in a gig or just buy their CD (only 4.99, great buy!) and then make the judgement

also, i cant say i have heard of any bands in your listening to section so im not gonna go about saying that they are shit etc etc just because you like them

Re: Re: cheer up folks

Originally posted by stripey

? Whats your point?

shit, everyone else gets it..

I don't pretend to be or claim to be anything.

bollocks,stripey, you pretend to be a musician, and pretend your critique of atom (etc) is based on superior knowledge and ability-yet you can't even transpose a basic tab.i can't do that either, but then i'm not pretending to be better than anyone else.

when people try to give you the help you've asked for they get rewarded with abuse. all the aubl/aberdeen music forums revolve around mutual aid and respect, even if people don't like the actual music other people produce, and a few dicks are exceptions to the rule.

people resisting the RIAA co-operate and share- people producing and putting up media they've created because they want to be doing something rather than just consuming stuff- people who help others because they have knowledge others need- all have one thing in common- they don't feel the need to bitch and snipe to make themselves appear creative or productive- they get on with it.

and...i wouldn't use lube to put a goats head up atom's arse.

:p

Guest stripey

Re: Re: Re: cheer up folks

Originally posted by vapid

bollocks,stripey, you pretend to be a musician, and pretend your critique of atom (etc) is based on superior knowledge and ability-yet you can't even transpose a basic tab.i can't do that either, but then i'm not pretending to be better than anyone else.

when people try to give you the help you've asked for they get rewarded with abuse.

I haven't criticised atoms music atall. This is because I haven't heard it.

Pretending to be a musician? I suppose the fact that I've been writing whole tracks (beats/bassline/melody etc) in various genres for the past 3 years, programming synths and learning everything there is to learn about sound engineering doesnt count then? I suppose the fact that my tracks have had airplay on internet radio stations with audiences up to 600 people at any one time doesnt count?

The couple of occasions someone in here has given me some help I was looking for, I was thankful.

In that other thread I was asking for tips because I've learnt all this shit in my bedroom with no outside assistance and had relatively little feedback from musicians. I can't play a guitar or the piano proficiently enough to do it live, but I still know how to put together the parts on the computer. There seems to be fuck all writing/production related talk on this site which is pretty dissapointing.

I don't claim to be some fucking genius but I'm not a bullshitter either.

EDIT> I'm still learning all the time but its no mean feat to learn bass drums and writing melodies etc just by trial and error IMHO. I'm just trying to make good music, not trying to live out some adolescent rock band fantasy like so many people on here seem to be aiming for. ;)

Guest MerryChristmas
Originally posted by Rass

Did you just hear that stripey was having some words on here so you thought you'd come along and be your usual unsupportive self?

pass the lube! the goats head is goin up che's arse again......

drone.......brum......wheeeeeeee

stfu mong