Dan G

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stripey

Ok I finally downloaded "the last day" off mp3.com

This is just my opinion it may be ill informed but whatever:

The vocals do sound a little forced at times, like he is trying to sound gruff, and sometimes goes a bit out of tune, they sound best when he isnt trying to sound hard. They arent very consistent in that sense if you know what i mean.

The drums are a bit indistinct/fuzzy and i dont think they gel 100% with the rest of the instrumentation, its maybe just the way they were recorded. The snare is a little muffled and could do with a bit more "snap" i think. Its kinda like they are playing catchup with the guitar parts but I dunno, maybe in this genre the guitar is the driving force. I'm not too familiar with the style.

The guitar solo's make me think of bill'n'ted "wyld stallynz" and the whole thing sounds a bit retro, but i think on the whole its pretty musically proficient. Quite enjoyable. I'd like to hear some more stuff....

Originally posted by stripey

Ok I finally downloaded "the last day" off mp3.com

This is just my opinion it may be ill informed but whatever:

The vocals do sound a little forced at times, like he is trying to sound gruff, and sometimes goes a bit out of tune, they sound best when he isnt trying to sound hard. They arent very consistent in that sense if you know what i mean.

The drums are a bit indistinct/fuzzy and i dont think they gel 100% with the rest of the instrumentation, its maybe just the way they were recorded. The snare is a little muffled and could do with a bit more "snap" i think. Its kinda like they are playing catchup with the guitar parts but I dunno, maybe in this genre the guitar is the driving force. I'm not too familiar with the style.

The guitar solo's make me think of bill'n'ted "wyld stallynz" and the whole thing sounds a bit retro, but i think on the whole its pretty musically proficient. Quite enjoyable. I'd like to hear some more stuff....

You shoudl buy the CD from one up then. Chasing ghosts for example is a highlight of the CD. 11mins, brilliant acoustic introduction. Powerful and epic throughout...and it's a snip at only 4 or so?