aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest idol_wild
Bebo is well good on Fifa 10. Proper fast. I skinned the entire left side of Irish stalwarts Bohemians FC with Maguire, before wellying it in. I've even managed to score two goals in the SAME GAME with Darren Mackie against Arsenal. He out-muscled and outpaced Gallas for one of them.

...and it got rated 10 out of 10 for Realism in Powerstation magazine.

He's frustratingly good in Football Manager 2009, too. Absolute crock of bum monkeys.

At least it has an in-built editor. :up:

fucking hell getting outplayed and outclassed by Hayes & Yeading, a part time tinpot team who would be bottom of the conference if it wasnt for Chester's points deduction. they hadnt won at home all season and are 3-0 up with 10 mins to go. beyond depressed, have had to drown my sorrows with a whisky and coke!!!! fucking football!

There's a gif, which I can no longer find, where the Liverpool fan, whose face has been pixelated for his own safety I assume, has been replaced with the face of Gary Neville. It is brilliant.

I think the best part is that it's a Liverpool ball. If it was a Sunderland ball, I imagine Sammy Lee would have erupted and taken the hubcaps off every car in the North East, whilst Rafa inched closer and closer to a Kevin Keegan "I'd love it!!" type mental breakdown. Even Steve Bruce said it shouldn't have been allowed, but Darren Bent didn't give a fuck, and rightly so.

I think if it had have been disallowed, it would have caused even more controversy. Because where do you draw the line? You see goals go in because of divots in the grass, and often the goal mouth areas are trapsed in debris of streamers and whatnot. What's stopping strikers kicking lumps out of the 6 yard line in hope that a driven shot will bobble past the keeper? I know it has been referred to as an outside influence, but if a goal goes in off a substantial deflection from a divot from now on, this situation is going to be called upon as an example I imagine.

Fair one to Rafa for not taking it so badly though. I can't usually abide that guy, but he didn't blame the situation for the loss which was refreshing. If that was Fergie or Mark Hughes, the post match interview would still be taking place now.

Guest Gladstone
Smashing.

Gary Neville is great. I bet he made that himself. It's just a shame he's shite at football now.

I doubt he'd have the brains to think that up, let alone make it.

Gary Neville is a tool. But he's great entertainment. That season where he just lost the plot everytime he played was hilarious. The one when he took a dive to try and win a penalty then threw ALL his toys out of the pram when he didn't get the penalty was brilliant. Then when someone either hit him with something from the crowd or shouted some abuse (can't remember what the provocation was) and he turned and drop-kicked the ball into the crowd. Pure gold. Pretty sure Liverpool was involved in at least one of those two incidents. He loves them, he really does.

It's true. Neville is purely Liverpool bait and nothing else. And perhaps a handy benchwarmer who can run to the opposing fans and thrust his crotch when United get an injury time goal. He's good at doing that and getting away with it.

Oh well. At least his brother is still playing the game with alot more dignity. I rate Phil alot, even if he does look a bit like a badly concocted Gary Neville clone that was probably chained up in the basement for his teenage years.

The Gary Neville chest/arm control is a thing of beauty.

I don't think anyone can reasonably compare a big divot which is part of the pitch to a second ball that is not part of the pitch. Sadly, reason rarely comes into such things.

Oh aye, certainly not comparable, but if/when it happens again (Hopefully not to Paul Robbo again!) managers will be recalling the Beach Ball incident, or calling for the head of the groundsman, demanding he initiates the drop-ball himself.

It is truly great when goals that shouldn't go in actually go in. I hope it happens more, and the referee does nothing about it, ever.

Guest Gladstone
Oh aye, certainly not comparable, but if/when it happens again (Hopefully not to Paul Robbo again!) managers will be recalling the Beach Ball incident, or calling for the head of the groundsman, demanding he initiates the drop-ball himself.

It is truly great when goals that shouldn't go in actually go in. I hope it happens more, and the referee does nothing about it, ever.

Yeah, fuck it, I agree with that notion.

It's all part of the fun. When I saw the goal, I thought it would be perfectly legitimate because of something I read on that "Be The Ref" or whatever it was called on the BBC Sport website during Euro 2008 with the different scenarios. I'm sure there was something about a second ball landing on the pitch, and the match ball playing the second ball into the goal. That obviously wouldn't count, but I seemed to remember that if the ball hits the back of the net it's a goal, regardless of what it bounces off on the way in (exceptions for hand ball, offside goals, etc obviously).