aberdeen-music

Favourite manufacture.

Leckie Gilman

My only "good" guitar is a 64 Jazzmaster, so I suppose I should say Fender, but I LOVE old junky guitars, and my favourites are my Conrad violin bass, and my Watkins Rapier lead (5 from a boot sale a good few years ago).

Kitchen Cynics....................................old and junky...("y" not "ie" !!!).......................

Roland definitely, for the JP 8000 synth and the SP808 sampler, as well as my old MC303. Thats before we even begin to mention TR 808's and the definitive 909 kick drum.

Whats that, its not that kind of conversation!?

Oh..

My faithful late 80's bilious mustard Squier Tele it is then. The hardware is shite coz they spent all the money on the neck, which is the very business.

Synths I like Clavia Nords, Waldorfs and Casios......and most others actually. All synths are good. Drum Machines yup - Roland, if only cos of the easy programming and nice 909 sounds.

Samplers, the only one Im familiar with is the Akai MPC 2000 which is fiddly but very good. Unfortunately no longer in my possesion.

Guitars.....i like sustainy Gibson styled guitars, but not neccessarily Gibson made. Ive got a Gibson a Tokai and a Duesenberg and i have no idea which is me fave. Spread that love around!

Fuzzboxes....anything that sounds fucked.

Amps.....Im into solid state cheapo sounds so Im a second hand amp fiend. Current favorite is an old HH combo from the 70s I got for 75 quid in scot ads. Got quite a few. All sorts really. Also like the proper valve Vox AC30s and have two damaged ones undergoing repair at the moment. They keep setting on fire.

Condoms - I go for Mates over Durex. A more casual fit.

McDonalds over BK too.

McDonalds over BK too.

Never!! Hmm i'd wish i'd bought a Tokai a couple of years back when they were dead cheap, played some semi-hollowed-thingy the other day and it was sweet-as. I just play a Fender fat-strat (Mex), mainly. Hands up if you're boring... :band:

Not really in a financial situation to base my favourite models on what I actually play.....main guitar is a Fender Std Mex strat...its ok, but I wish I'd gone for a hardtail version as the bridge has caused me nothing but grief.....

Also had an epiphone les paul studio (which was great, until some lock up fuckers broke it or something), great guitar to play and great heavy sound, but not the sound I'm after just now.... must say I'm really loving Gibson just now for "WANT THAT!" factor....heres my shopping list.....

14may_154.jpg1apr_010.jpgsgspwr.jpg

Spare some change?

.... must say I'm really loving Gibson just now for "WANT THAT!" factor....heres my shopping list.....

The yellow LP junior-a-like is v nice.....but make sure it has P90s NOT P100s if you want that classic Mick Jones honky sound. The P100s just dont have the same vibe

• 3 weeks later...

this might seem a bit weird but i would rather have a custom built guitar ( i know that they are really expensive ) but what i did was i bought an LTD replaced the pick ups with an EMG 81 set, got it totally re-wired i threw on some grover tuners and am planning to get a floyd rose tremolo put in ) which means some tech dude is goin to go a' diggin into my guitar major routing)