aberdeen-music

Resident Evil 5

Johnny Mac

Anyone else picked this up yet?

Got it on my return from holiday yesterday and by god its awesome.

Pretty hard too, and some nasty bastards of zombies to fight!

:up:

I quite fancy this at some point but i'm currently saving up my pennies for UFC 2009 when it comes out in May so i'll just have to wait :)

I got this at the weekend. So far I'm not particularly impressed, despite being a massive fan of the franchise. It adds nothing to Res 4's gameplay and the controls are as unwieldy as its predecessor. It's also pretty pedestrian compared to 4. I haven't found any boss remotely difficult to dispatch, so far.

Dare I say this is boring me? Well, moans aside, I'm quite looking forward to playing split-screen with a chum and the computer co-op mode isn't really the hell I thought it would be.

Yeah will do, last bulletin I had was June '09, the one before that did actually have April so no idea what they are playing at. pretty sure the game went gold ages ago.

Cheers, last release date i saw was for May. The graphics look awesome for it and from what i've read about the control system it should be pretty flexible as well.

I got this at the weekend. So far I'm not particularly impressed, despite being a massive fan of the franchise. It adds nothing to Res 4's gameplay and the controls are as unwieldy as its predecessor. It's also pretty pedestrian compared to 4. I haven't found any boss remotely difficult to dispatch, so far.

Dare I say this is boring me? Well, moans aside, I'm quite looking forward to playing split-screen with a chum and the computer co-op mode isn't really the hell I thought it would be.

I'd have to agree.

I finished it in a few days and to be honest, it was a complete let-down - as a Resident Evil game.

It's a decent 3rd-person shooter, but gone are the earlier game's ludicrous and entertaining puzzles, to be replaced with no-brainer, flick-the-switch, pull-the-lever, press-the-button actions.

Not a bad game, just not really a true Res Evil installment IMHO.

The game isn't without its flaws, but I think overall you would be hard-pressed to find a more enjoyable co-op experience on the 360 (except the usual overrated piles of shite like Halo and GoW I guess :rolleyes:) - I had a fucking blast playing through this with my mate. Initially I was skeptical of the control scheme but I got used to it pretty quickly after an hour or so of playing.

Also, it is probably the most amazing looking game I have ever seen. Yes, that includes Crysis.

GOW is the best campain mulitplayer on the 360 i think! But then i love FPS games.

As do I, however I find 360 owners tend to settle with something mediocre when the genre is so much more refined on a PC. I played Gears of War for about 30 minutes and got bored. Likewise, I tried the CoD 5 demo and absolutely hated it. Click left stick to run? WTF!

As do I, however I find 360 owners tend to settle with something mediocre when the genre is so much more refined on a PC. I played Gears of War for about 30 minutes and got bored. Likewise, I tried the CoD 5 demo and absolutely hated it. Click left stick to run? WTF!

FPS games are miles better on the pc i agree however the Xbox is ok when you get the hang of the controller, plus games like halo or gow arent out on the pc. I was a huge CS fan and was against playing FPS games on the box till halo came out and i got used to it. GOW is amazing if you get stuck into it and as i say with a friend its great fun. Halo campain wasnt so great but the online game is amazing fun, i play it almost every night.

FPS games are miles better on the pc i agree however the Xbox is ok when you get the hang of the controller, plus games like halo or gow arent out on the pc. I was a huge CS fan and was against playing FPS games on the box till halo came out and i got used to it. GOW is amazing if you get stuck into it and as i say with a friend its great fun. Halo campain wasnt so great but the online game is amazing fun, i play it almost every night.

Both Halo and Gears of War are out for PC, which reflects their mediocrity even more.

• 3 weeks later...