aberdeen-music

Allstationsdown new song

n8r

but then i hate heavy metal music

so looking at it from your perspective, the bias is inherently against the music and you've lost all sense of objectivity. not being a fan of heavy metal, then you are already ignorant and uninformed of what constitutes good heavy metal.

enough said, this as an ASD thread, not a tam o' shantie feedback thread.

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people saying they dont like the music, don't ask people what they think because you can't please everybody. And the experience of listening to these tracks far from pleased me.

i really don't mind if you don't like the songs, but i like hearing feedback. Especially from other musicians who maybe dont like the genre, but can atleast appreciate the musicianship.

so thanks for expressing your opinion:up:

i really don't mind if you don't like the songs, but i like hearing feedback. Especially from other musicians who maybe dont like the genre, but can atleast appreciate the musicianship.

so thanks for expressing your opinion:up:

this single post should be taken and posted for all to see at the top of the feedback thread as a shining example of how to react to critiscm of your own music.

For all those critisising the mix, Nathan am I write in saying that the version on your myspace isn't the final mix/mastering?

we had a newer one, but i still prefered this one for some reason.

but we may get more, not sure yet.

so looking at it from your perspective, the bias is inherently against the music and you've lost all sense of objectivity. not being a fan of heavy metal, then you are already ignorant and uninformed of what constitutes good heavy metal.

So what you're saying is that there are no bad bands, only bands I'm too ignorant to understand. Brilliant.

Nathan, the song sounds pretty good. The shouty part at 1:35-ish reminds me a bit of a Glassjaw tune. That's a good thing. The vocals are so, so much better these days, although less effects or maybe just more subtle use of them might be a good idea. That's maybe just my taste though.

Keep it "metal" :laughing:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
So what you're saying is that there are no bad bands, only bands I'm too ignorant to understand. Brilliant.

I'm pretty sure that's not what he's getting at at all. If someone hates a particular type of music, how are they to know what constitutes good *insert genre* music and bad *insert genre* music?

To be honest, I'm not totally in agreeance with that viewpoint - I usually just take each song as it comes and if I like it, I like it, if not, well, I don't. I'm mostly an indie man, but some indie music is shite (IMO), and I don't generally like metal music, but quite like some of it etc etc etc.

As I said above, I like Creeper by ASD, and ASD in general.

I'm pretty sure that's not what he's getting at at all. If someone hates a particular type of music, how are they to know what constitutes good *insert genre* music and bad *insert genre* music?

To be honest, I'm not totally in agreeance with that viewpoint - I usually just take each song as it comes and if I like it, I like it, if not, well, I don't.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. I also agree with you when you say that each song should be taken on it's own merit. I would like to be able to say that I have the same approach but my own ignorance get's in the way from time to time. It's something that I'm trying to change.

Still dig this tune though :up:

Got any others in the pipeline guys? Hows the new line-up getting on?

Got any others in the pipeline guys? Hows the new line-up getting on?

Yeah dude, we've got more coming. The new stuff we have been coming up with is ace, its exciting. The new line-up is amazing, i'm so stoked with it, its so good for just jamming now...and thats what i love.