aberdeen-music

Bad bars

Red Neck Man

I'm far fae loaded, but I might stretch to a pint. Just the one though.. ;)

Although you do still owe me one for punching that pint out of my hand in Snafu

I heard there was more fighting in Snafu last night - were you there causing trouble again?

Na i did have a few Disciples in though...they were probably flying the flag...

I'm sorry, which Triple Kirks are you talking about here? The decor in TK's is fairly traditional and subdued, and apart from one small raised area beside the bar it's all on one level. It's also designed so that you can stand anywhere in the pub and get a clear view of a TV screen. Sounds like you haven't been in for a long, long time...

Not nearly long enough my friend....

Traditional and subdued? Purple and orange walls are traditional and subdued? Big colourful cubes instead of chairs? It's like being inside the mind of a crazy person. As for football, it might be OK if it's quiet but on a big match day you can't see a fucking thing. I can't be doing with the place during football matches, it's a fucking nightmare, and it's full of drunken casuals. I get sick of having lager spilled all over me whenever Aberdeen / Scotland score.

Guest idol_wild
I take it some of you will remember the Buz Bar on Union Street.

What a fucking shitehole, rough as fuck that place.

Budz Bar?

Yeah, seriously rank place. To me, that place summed up almost everything that is wrong with Aberdeen nightlife.

The shortness of this post makes em think you were actually dying from a stab wound as you typed it. I would consider giving you reputation points for ever braving the Broad Sword, but you slagged off Hen Hoose and the 524, so you will get nothing.

hahaha okay. Although I did spot that sign on the wall with the 10 excuses for when the wife calls. 5 for joining the Foreign Legion. Funny as fuck.

Budz Bar?

Yeah, seriously rank place. To me, that place summed up almost everything that is wrong with Aberdeen nightlife.

Once saw a pregnant bird with 3 half teeth (not 3 AND a half, just 3 halves of teeth) drinking bluwe WKDs. She introduced me to the father. Must have been at least 40 years older.

I'm not even joking. If I was joking I'd say "A seal walks into a club."

• Upvote 1

Once saw a pregnant bird with 3 half teeth (not 3 AND a half, just 3 halves of teeth) drinking bluwe WKDs. She introduced me to the father. Must have been at least 40 years older.

I'm not even joking. If I was joking I'd say "A seal walks into a club."

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Teabags again.

That's the second time I've said that today.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Reputation points are there for a reason, you ungrateful ginger cunt.

Actually gave you rep for that one - cos I did real life chuckle number two of the afternoon.

Yeah, obviously a different Triple Kirks than the one I'm thinking about, then. I'm thinking of the one on Belmont Street where the walls are grey, with the occasional exposed brickwork feature, and with brown leather sofas. It's certainly not a casuals pub, and I can think of countless big matches when I've been in there and I've had a clear view of at least two TV screens wherever I stood. Maybe you should give it a go sometime.

I would, but I read on Aberdeen-Music.com that it totally sucks.