aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Sue Denim..

Christmas Day / Evening drinking.

So what's open?

Half of the Moorings regulars usually end up in Drummonds so I guess that's one place to be open again but a change must be in order this year..

(And a sign behind the bar begging for tips really provokes me only to do otherwise.)

...also, if that beggar sits outside the bar again this year I'm going elsewhere.

:swearing:

You go out on Christmas day? You should be sleeping/eating so much that you're on the verge of sleeping.

This year I'm parking myself on front of Doctor Who at 6pm and Wallace and Gromit at 8:30pm. :D

I'm then setting myself up for an evening in my parent's kitchen making soup and meringue. My family are having their "big meal" on boxing day this year and my mum has done her leg in really badly so the responsibility has fallen upon the shoulders of yours truly.

I'm doing my traditional trip to The Tolbooth in Ellon on Xmas Eve though that's it for my festive pub action!

Guest idol_wild

Drummonds is definitely open.

I am DJing from 11pm, actually.

I will refuse any requests to play christmas songs, though.

You go out on Christmas day? You should be sleeping/eating so much that you're on the verge of sleeping.

Fate puts me in the rather fortunate position of being a Stepfather, therefore I get to spend Christmas with our young lad.... doing the whole Christmas thing until around 7pm when real Dad takes over and young man has a 2nd Christmas at his Dads house. .... the jammy sod!

Which leaves me with an empty house with a lot of toys. Get me the hell out of there and into a pub thanks.... before I start playing with them all.

Fate puts me in the rather fortunate position of being a Stepfather, therefore I get to spend Christmas with our young lad.... doing the whole Christmas thing until around 7pm when real Dad takes over and young man has a 2nd Christmas at his Dads house. .... the jammy sod!

Which leaves me with an empty house with a lot of toys. Get me the hell out of there and into a pub thanks.... before I start playing with them all.

Let me know where you end up min, and I'll come join you.

I don't celebrate xmas really. Its my mums birthday, so will spend day with her, but I reckon she expects me to go out for a drink afterwards anyway.

Let me know where you end up min, and I'll come join you.

I don't celebrate xmas really. Its my mums birthday, so will spend day with her, but I reckon she expects me to go out for a drink afterwards anyway.

On a slightly related note, poker isn't on for the next 2 weeks is it?

I shall be mainly in Inverness with the rents and siblings & niece's, probably pished as a fart as my Dad has a great knack of getting everyone drunk (arlene will vouch for this!!)

I have a feeling there is loads of Wii action goingto be taking place too as my mum is dying to try out ye'old dancemat!! ha ha ace!!!

I have a feeling there is loads of Wii action goingto be taking place too as my mum is dying to try out ye'old dancemat!! ha ha ace!!!

Wii action!

I've been told by mum to take and my controllers and my wheels for a Mario Kart "Mega Challenge".

I will win. Of course.

Wii action!

I've been told by mum to take and my controllers and my wheels for a Mario Kart "Mega Challenge".

I will win. Of course.

Ooh never played mario kart - any good?

Yip got a text from my sister last night saying, we've brought the wii...but forgot all the games - what a fud! So I now have two bags of dancemats, geeetars, games to take up, oh well all in the name of good fun!!

Got the snowboarding one for my b'day so looking forward to that one...reckon it looks hard tho!

Ooh never played mario kart - any good?

Yip got a text from my sister last night saying, we've brought the wii...but forgot all the games - what a fud! So I now have two bags of dancemats, geeetars, games to take up, oh well all in the name of good fun!!

Got the snowboarding one for my b'day so looking forward to that one...reckon it looks hard tho!

Mario Kart is actually quite good. It's about the best one since the N64 version. Plus you can play online. If you don't have it already then I'd definitely recommend it :)

Mario Kart is actually quite good...DJ Jo-D blah Wii blah...

Take it to PMs ladies, this thread is about proper drinking. By boys. In pubs.

I will be on the steps of Gilcomston Church with a bottle in a paper bag. As per.

Take it to PMs ladies, this thread is about proper drinking. By boys. In pubs.

I will be on the steps of Gilcomston Church with a bottle in a paper bag. As per.

I thought I'd wrapped up the conversation nicely. Nipping it in the bud and all that good stuff.

I should have added that I'll be drinking as I play... though not in a pub with the men folk. I have a turkey to cook.