aberdeen-music

Baked Tatties

framheim

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I just had a "this-thread-inspired" baked tattie - choice was limited but went for coronation chicken with cheese and side salad - it fucking rocked

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a killer, sounds weird but trust me, its fuckin great.

Open two tins of tuna drain and put in bowl, peel and chop fine a small onion or some spring onion is good and add to bowl, de-seed and finely chop a pepper (red yellow or orange) and also add to bowl, heres the good bit, peel and chop a largish banana and add to bowl, mayo about 3 or 4 spoons you'll know when its enough, a good squirt of tomato ketchup or tomato puree or both, and curry powder to taste, mild madras works good, mix well.

Serve on toast or tattie.

Jesus....once a student always a student eh?

My favourite (well one of them) as a student, was super noodles (normally chicken flavour, but that was unimportant) mixed with ketchup and cheese, all on toast - ace. :up:

Just out of interest how does everyone bake their potatoes? Its something I haven't eaten in a while and have never prepared myself

I'm not much of a cook myself, but I've heard a good way to do baked tatties is to cook them mostly in the microwave and finish them off in the oven. Obviously oven is the best way - but it takes fucking ages :up:

Just out of interest how does everyone bake their potatoes? Its something I haven't eaten in a while and have never prepared myself

Stab some wholes in it with a fork, stick it on some kitchen roll, and cook it in the microwave for 5-10 mins. Then finish it off in the oven for a bit longer if you want.

EDIT - err yeah basically what he said

You wernt paying attention...

"A tip for cooking tatties... stab to death with fork and nuke for 5mins or more if its a monster, leave to cool for a while then rub cooking oil over whole surface, salt all over and place in pre-heated oven and cook till done about 20-30 mins stab with fork to test."

Upon further thought i may now replace the first idea with:

Baked potato... then add

Cheddar cheese

Tobasco sauce

Black pepper

Grated chocolate

... followed by grilling it for a further 2 mins.

I like your style.

so how was it? chocolate in any savoury dish needs to have a really high cacao percentage other wise it just tastes minging. I had a chocolate and beef chimichanga in a restaurant once and it was awesome.

my favourite tattie filling is .... lardons, onion, creme fraiche, garlic, seasoning, topped with grated gruyere and grilled. funcy but affa fine.

if i've got the time and inclination i cook my baked tattie by stabbing it with a fork, rubbing olive oil and salt into it and sticking it in the oven for 50 minutes.

normally i just stab it with a fork and stick it in the microwave covered in kitchen roll for 10 minutes.

some good ideas here, gonna have to try a few!

I like your style.

so how was it? chocolate in any savoury dish needs to have a really high cacao percentage other wise it just tastes minging. I had a chocolate and beef chimichanga in a restaurant once and it was awesome.

my favourite tattie filling is .... lardons, onion, creme fraiche, garlic, seasoning, topped with grated gruyere and grilled. funcy but affa fine.

Had football matches the last couple of evenings, so haven't given it a whirl yet: don't fancy throwing up whilst running around! (if it goes wrong)

It'll be a 85% cocoa chocolate, similar to the kind I use in my Spag Bog.