aberdeen-music

Recording In and Around Aberdeen

sross90

so a 10 track album costs 150?

My apologies. It's a daily flat fee of 50. However, if you're well rehearsed enough to do the tracking for a 10 song album in one 6 hour day then it would indeed cost 150.

Being more realistic, you'd need more than one day, but I don't think tracking five songs in a day is asking too much.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
We do 50 flat fee then 10 per track mixing and mastering. No hidden costs, no pressure, great kit and room to record live.

Sadly, we're in Lossiemouth.

Spook Studios? Was advised to avoid it like the plague...

Not :up:

We recorded with Mark Nicol at Exile a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with his set up. It costs 150 for 8 hours recording and Mark does the mixing for free. It's about half an hour's drive from Aberdeen but the difference in quality between there and Captain Toms is astronomical.

We're just waiting for the final mixes to be done, but when it is I'll upload it.

The Exile Recording Studio

MySpace.com - Exile Studio - 101 - Male - UK - www.myspace.com/exilestudio

An hour to get to Exile?!

Crikey, who was driving? Yer gran?

Fit fit?

Actually it took me aboot 45 minutes because I got lost on the way, and had to stop in some wee town to try and work out where the fuck I was, and try to find Mark's phone number.

In fact using modern technology I can give you almost exact times.

vana_original.gif

Now the "last played" tab relates to when the song finishes. I put on "In Utero" just as I was leaving Aberdeen and approaching Cults. As the first track is 3 minutes long and finished at 13.53 I can deduce that I pressed play at around 13.50 (I was running late). As I arrived at Exile, 'All Apologies' was on. The track previous to that finished at 14.28, so that's approximately 38 minutes. Add in 5 minutes to clear the city and get on the road to Cults, and the couple of minutes it was into 'All Apologies' when I switched the car off and I would say around 45 minutes. I must have left it playing with the engine switched off and it's played the thirty odd minutes of silence and the hidden track without the aid of speakers.

That was pointless but oddly fun :up:

We do 50 flat fee then 10 per track mixing and mastering. No hidden costs, no pressure, great kit and room to record live.

Sadly, we're in Lossiemouth.

Just to say one of the bands I'm working with recorded up there a few months ago and it was first class, the recordings were good, Stuart was easy going to work with and in general a very good experience, we can't wait to get back up there early in the new year hopefully, very highly recommended.

Cheers

Stuart

Thanks for all the replys

But we didn't go with any of them.

We used floor toms productions in Clola on the way to Fraserburgh.

Steve the sound engineer is awesome. We have recorded in other places in the past but this was definitely a class above everything we had done before.

For instance, there were around 20 mics picking up the drums, mics on each drum, mics on the walls, mics on the roof, mics outside the room. Gave the drums a massive sound!

Bass was recorded with a mic by in front of the cabinet, a line out and a mic behind the cabinet and then mics in and out of the room. Same went for guitars.

It took us 10 hours to get three songs down and into a ruff mix. We don't have finals yet but we have mixes that are soooo much better than anything we have recorded before.

They are still a ruff mix right now, ive got em on my ipod but no cable with me at work. We will make them available soon.

In the mean time you can listen to recordings that have been done there on the website

Floortom Productions :: Recording Studio Aberdeen/Demo Recording/Promo Recording/EP Recording/Multi Tracking Studio/Audio Mastering/Down Mixing

They are still a ruff mix right now, ive got em on my ipod but no cable with me at work. We will make them available soon.

In the mean time you can listen to recordings that have been done there on the website

Floortom Productions :: Recording Studio Aberdeen/Demo Recording/Promo Recording/EP Recording/Multi Tracking Studio/Audio Mastering/Down Mixing

Mic'd bass? yass. How much does it cost? Basic recording, not like mixing etc?

I really want to record with my ampeg.

EDIT: 30 per hour..looked on that site.