aberdeen-music

Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Christ, where did all that snow come from!? Hope it clears up for tomorrow.....

Remember, doors @ 8.15pm!

If you don't already have a ticket - buy one

HERE

See you tomorrow :D

I remember Alan saying on national television that "The Killers are the next U2".

I think he tends to champion really shit bands, though one small exception is his latest interest: The Grants (The Grants on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads), who I find quite enjoyable in a low-key reverb-laden sort of way.

except for mogwai, who he managed. obviously not shit.

Couple of pretty good blogs/articles on Glasvegas there. I'm pretty rubbish at summing up what I think of bands etc. but yeah, what the nice Guardian lady said... :)

(Apart from the slagging Oasis - I still love them...)

:laughing:

ye nae got alan mcgee's boaby in your mouth yet??

Yes, I book Alan McGee to DJ, and big up his achievements, which are significant no matter which way you look at it, and that clearly makes me want to suck his dick.

To be fair though, I bet he wishes he was as successful as you. :p

Over and out - one last bump for stuartmaxwell.

I'm off to sell my granny, save the scene and talk my way into Alan McGee's bed.

Catch you all at the Lemon Tree later, and afterwards for the official afterparty snowball fight at 1am on North West Street.

:)

Cheers to everyone who ventured out in the shitey conditions last night.

Cracking night was had by all (except the one punter at 1am who had travelled 100 miles to see McGee and thought he was shit... and told him so, quite aggressively...)

But, given the conditions, I was literally overwhelmed by the amount of folk who ventured out - safe to say I was crapping it a bit for the entire day...

Between worrying if McGee was actually going to get to Aberdeen, to the bands getting stuck in the horrendous traffic en route to soundcheck, to McGee arriving 2 hours late at the airport and having to dash across to Dyce to pick him up, deliver him about 5 minutes before doors open, and then worrying if anyone was actually going to turn up!!

I was a very relieved man a couple of hours later though :)

Great showing by all the bands too, and I think a couple of them will get a gig at one of his Death Disco nights in London :)

Tickets onsale soon for the metal fest in March with Flood of Red (DJ), My Mind's Weapon, Set Light Our Kingdom, allstationsdown, Hot Mangu... see you all there :)