aberdeen-music

Low Box Set

chilli

the new 4cd box set of b sides & obscure stuff is available ar pre-order for an astounding 17.99, go to

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ADXJS/qid=1086571610/sr=1-2/re

as u have bothered hitting this thread, just keep sat 6th Nov 04 free (no its not Low)

& be available to travel to Glasgow. All will become clear later in the week, but maybe

some clever music person maybe tumble this b4 then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new 4cd box set of b sides & obscure stuff is available ar pre-order for an astounding 17.99' date=' go to

[url']http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ADXJS/qid=1086571610/sr=1-2/re

as u have bothered hitting this thread, just keep sat 6th Nov 04 free (no its not Low)

& be available to travel to Glasgow. All will become clear later in the week, but maybe

I thought it was Low you bugger.

I expect a full explanation A.S.A.P as I am too lazy to investigate now. Later maybe...oh yes. Later.

Low will not tour 04, as Alan & Mim have just had a baby boy on saturday.

On the other front, news is starting to break, think logically a connection via the fishtank!!!!!

However pls keep the news when u tumble it on this thread, coz i want a good seat

the new 4cd box set of b sides & obscure stuff is available ar pre-order for an astounding 17.99' date=' go to

[url']http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ADXJS/qid=1086571610/sr=1-2/re

That'll be Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds at Glasgow Academy then. Can't wait for it - seems like ages since I saw them at the Barras.

On the other front' date=' news is starting to break, think logically a connection via the fishtank!!!!!

However pls keep the news when u tumble it on this thread, coz i want a good seat[/quote']

Oops! Sorry - mind you, the dates were on nme.com yesterday so it's not a huge secret.

Also, The Academy is standing anyway - apart from unrestricted seating upstairs - so it doesn't make any odds, really!

I had a look on Ticketmaster and Mute.com but no sign of tickets as yet.

Been to the academy yet? Much better for watching a gig than the Barras - less of a shithole for a start!

On sale from the 12th of June, 9am.

I've not been to the academy, but the Barras NC&TBS gig a few years back was amazing.

I wish the GBVoices boxsets were this cheap !

Micah C. Harding reports:

Low, the brooding forefathers and foremothers of the aptly titled "slowcore" movement, are set to release a box set of rarities, outtakes, demos, and B-sides, culled from the span of their decade-long career. Titled A Lifetime of Temporary Relief, the box includes one DVD and three audio discs that collect material from Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker's early 1993 bedroom tapes through the band's most recent vinyl-only tracks. Consisting of a just-insane 53 songs, the collection provides an extensive spectrum on the life of Low. The exclusive DVD contains a montage of short documentaries, 11 Low videos (we seriously didn't know they even had one), and live footage accompanied by a 32-page booklet with notes, provided by the band, detailing the origins of several songs. Released through their Chairkickers label, the box is scheduled for release this July 20th. Tracklist (and particulars):

>> Disc One

01 Lullaby (demo)

02 Cut (demo)

03 Heartbeat

04 Peanut Butter Toast and American Bandstand

05 Tired

06 I Started a Joke

07 The Plan (demo)

08 Prisoner (demo)

09 Prisoner

10 Tomorrow One

11 Turning Over

12 Bright

13 Walk You Out

14 Tear Down

15 Standby

16 David & Jude

17 Cheek

>> Disc Two

01 Venus

02 Boyfriends & Girlfriends

03 Surf

04 No Need (Version 1)

05 Be There

06 Lift

07 Joan of Arc

08 Long Long Long

09 Lion/Lamb (demo)

10 Will the Night (demo)

11 Last Breath

12 Joan of Arc (20 Below Mix)

13 Old Man Song

14 Try Try Try

15 Lord, Can You Hear Me

16 Venus (Time Stereo Dub mix)

17 Those Girls (song for Nico)

>> Disc Three

01 I Remember

02 Kindly Blessed

03 Blue-Eyed Devil

04 Sleep at the Bottom

05 When You Walked

06 Back Home Again

07 Don't Drop the Baby

08 Surfer Girl

09 Blowin' in the Wind

10 Open Arms

11 I Love

12 Carnival Queen

13 Overhead

14 Don't Carry it All

15 Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me

16 Because You Stood Still

17 Fearless

18 Shots & Ladders

>> DVD

-- Documentaries (directed, edited, and filmed by Marc Gartman)

01 Closer Than That

02 In the Fishtank

03 Making of Trust

-- Live Footage

01 I Remember (Paris)

02 Soon (Boston)

03 Two-Step (Bard College)

-- Music Videos

01 Will the Night (Kirstin Grieve)

02 Weight of Water (Kirstin Grieve)

03 Don't Understand (Kirstin Grieve)

04 Immune, Home (Kirstin Grieve)

05 Dinosaur Act (Marc Gartman)

06 Words (Harder/Fuller)

07 Shame (Harder/Fuller)

08 Over The Ocean (Harder/Fuller)

09 Over The Ocean (Oosterschelde Version) (Phil Harder)

10 Looking Out For Hope (Harder/Fuller)

11 Canada (2 versions)

Those people for whom this is not quite enough Low-- and we know there are at least five-- the band is presently at work on their ninth full-length, which is being produced by your friend and lover Dave Fridmann (Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Steve Burns). The album doesn't currently have a title. In fact, no other information is available, other than the knowledge that it is indeed forthcoming, which for the time will just have to be good enough. We tried.

Do you think we should order the box set quickly before they realise they've made a mistake? Surely they've made a mistake!

Hopefully this trend for cheap boxed sets will continue. The Minimal Compact one was only 15 too.

Having said that, the last one I got before that was Johnny Cash, and it was about 94.72, or something. Okay, 60.

• 1 month later...

Well, I can safely say there is no greater joy than walking down stairs in a foul mood to find your Low box set. I was almost weeping with joy when I saw it was raining, too. Two demo versions and a Wire cover later, and I was at work in a decidedly laid back mood.

So now I've got 3 5/6ths CDs left to get me through the day. And my uni computer has a DVD drive.

I think tonight's Chill Out room at Moshulu is going to be laden a bit thick with Low this evening, in honour...

got mine today' date=' from one up, 17.99...

amazing value, and such good discs !

ooh...

and I also got the modest mouse CD, that's great value too, 8.99 for an LP !

wowee..[/quote']

I'd heartedly recommend The Earlies album. I was tempted with Modest Mouse, but read such varied reviews of the LP...