aberdeen-music

Most Underrated Bands

kirkt

I actually thought that Jyrojets album was really good and expected a better reaction to it.

Agree about POPUP quality.

there was a another band from glasgow called the Hip Parade who were `pure magic man`

have to put Delays in there too because although they have had a bit of success, i think they deserve more.

Ah the Jyrojets, I saw them a few years ago on the Make Tracks tour when they were called Spindrift and they they were awesome live...aggression, melody and presence. Was a bit disappointed by CD as they seemed a bit lifeless and lacking edge compared to the Spindrift CD

They had elements of the Jellyfish who I mentioned earlier and I had high hopes for them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and kitchen cynics deserves a lot more recognition too

That's too kind!

I second the Sebadoh suggestion,.....and would like to add the Green Pajamas, plus, from way back the Creation, Dando Shaft and The Left Banke.

I always though the Groundhogs were underrated, too ....and Tony McPhee's solo stuff......once went to see him at the Moorings and there were 5 of us, plus 2 guys at the bar who left before Tony started. For someone who has played with John Lee Hooker, Blue Cheer and a version of Amon Duul 2(plus wrote great songs like Split Pt2, and Cherry Red) it was a sad turnout.

He was great!