aberdeen-music

Most Underrated Bands

kirkt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought people went nuts for Hundred Reasons?

I liked the first album a long time ago, but the second one was horrible. I went to see them and they weren't very good. Sounded very mashed up abd blurred. Bad sound - probably not their fault. I purely went because Twofold were supporting though, but that was when Twofold were trying to transform into some kind of horrible trendy garage-rock band with matching outfits and keyboards through distortion pedals. That was a sad time.

Guest treader.
As is 'Falter' - been listening to their first album a fair bit recently. It's awesome...

the opening riff of that song is brilliant. in fact, i bloody love that album heaps.

Grind about horror films and killing folk. Seems pretty legit for a genre.

A genre I don't understand is Grime, and all that Council Estate garbage. And that dance music with the chipmunk vocals.

It's always the people with the most hurrendous tastes in music that feel the need to publically air it.

I believe this kind of music is called Gabba or something similar. God awful stuff. Past couple of times I've got the bus home, some little ned girls have been playing it on their phones. :(

I believe this kind of music is called Gabba or something similar. God awful stuff. Past couple of times I've got the bus home, some little ned girls have been playing it on their phones. :(

I think Gabba is the really fast nonsensical stuff which is almost just noise. Like if UK hip hop went to the extremes of grindcore. It's pretty terrible either way

After looking into it, dance music with chipmunk vocals is called "Niche" aparrently. It's always played on buses. The drivers need to clamp down on it because the volumes are just getting ridiculous. Either that, or a global ban on mobile phones that can play music out loud.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
After looking into it, dance music with chipmunk vocals is called "Niche" aparrently. It's always played on buses. The drivers need to clamp down on it because the volumes are just getting ridiculous. Either that, or a global ban on mobile phones that can play music out loud.

Christ, it's actually meant to sound like that? After years of catching the 17 bus, I hear a lot of this and thought it was just shit phones that made it sound like that.

Not :up:

Guest calumunderkills
Seconded.

I'd totally forgotten about them - I can't even remember what songs they had, but the mention of the name reminds me there was a band called hundred reasons who were brilliant! Weird :up:

Guest calumunderkills
I think this was supposed to be funny?!

No, not really - well not at all actually.

I remember there was a band called hundred reasons and I really liked them - but they disappeared and I've not heard of them for ages - can't even remember their tracks - like I said - weird! :up:

No, not really - well not at all actually.

I remember there was a band called hundred reasons and I really liked them - but they disappeared and I've not heard of them for ages - can't even remember their tracks - like I said - weird! :up:

Oh ok. I got confused. I thought you were trying to make a joke out of me saying seconded... Like they were a band or something.