aberdeen-music

Joe Kinnear Interview

Guest Bob Double Jack

"Today we'll print the absolute truth, that you think we're cunts, we can all fuck off and we're slimy. Is that fair enough?" - Gold :up:

Guest idol_wild
I really hope Kinnear makes people look stupid - they all seem to have forgotten that he excelled at getting good performances out of Wimbledon when the odds were against him, and I think his attitude may suit Newcastle perfectly.

Either that, or he'll be a disaster.

Nobody will ever be a success at Newcastle United. Keegan wasn't even successful in my view. Though it does depend on how you're measuring success, of course.

Joe Kinnear won't make anybody look stupid, because he's too busy making himself look stupid.

Maybe he's realised it's a shit job so he's trying to get sacked before he even plays a match.

Journalist Today we'll print the absolute truth, that you think we're cunts, we can all fuck off and we're slimy. Is that fair enough?

JK Do it. Fine. Fucking print it. Am I going to worry about it? Put in also that it'll be the last time I see you. Put that in as well. Good. Do it.

But really the last thing Newcastle needs right now is more negative publicity, and if their new manager is cracking under the strain in such a mental fashion on only his second day in the job, the fans really ought to be worried. In my opinion.

Normally, this kind of situation might result in a bit of siege mentality, the players rallying round the manager, and a few decent results flowing.......but since the Newcastle fans in typically idiotic fashion, have given JK zero support since he arrived, labelling him as a joke and a cockney wanker, despite a) being Irish, and b) being the only guy with the bottle to take the job (apparently 6 managers turned down the job), I think we can safely forget about that happening.

What NUFC fans see in Keegan is beyond anyone who doesnt live on Tyneside. The guy's a vastly overrrated quitter who has run away from almost every job he's had when the going has got tough. They'd be better off with Jimmy Calderwood and that's saying something. If their fans cant appreciate JK trying to temporarily dig them out of the sorry hole their club is in, then good luck in the Ch'ship lads.

And it's probably going to get worse....apparently a Nigerian consortium are lining up a big money bid....presumably after Mike Ashley has coughed up his bank account details. :laughing:

In a similar vein...

Don't think this has been posted here. A great reply from some article.

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

"I'm feeling all angry about these modern day footballers, I know why they have gone all soft - It's because of poncy names. That's what it is. Remember in the old days, when football players kicked a f***ing ball made out of ten pound of clay stitched inside a steel-reinforced leather shell with laces made out of piano wire? Well, in them days players could only survive the rigours of the Game because they were called things like Albert, Arthur, Bert, Harry, Bill, Eddie, Bob, Jack and Tommy. F**king tough names for tough men, them was.

And what do we have now? Jason, Wayne, Dean, Ryan, Jamie, Robbie. F**king tarts' names, they are. Great big f**king puffs. No wonder the ball's like a f**king balloon and shin pads is like slices of bread. In the Old days you never saw a Len Shackleton or a Billy Wright with a puffy Little Sondico piece of paper down his little thin socks. F**king shinpads In them days was made out of library books, and socks was like sackcloth. Same with the jerseys. F**king shirts with holes in now so they Can breathe. Yes, so that little Jody's hairless chest can breathe and he doesn't get a chill. F**k off. Stanley Matthews used to dribble round Europe's finest wearing a f**king tent and shorts cobbled together From the jacket of his de-mob suit. Aye,he f**king did. No wonder Players fall over all the time whenever an opponent comes anywhere near them.

And they never used to show their arses at one another either. Can you imagine what might have happened if Don Revie had flashed his ring at Nat Lofthouse during a City-Bolton Wanderers game? He'd have got one of them size 10 hobnail f**kers up his Rooney chuff. F**king therapy for stress my arse! Stan Collymore slaps his missus About and he takes three seasons off with stress counselling. What the f**k is that all about? In the old days it was expected for footballers to belt the old sow about a bit, specially after a bad defeat. And the women used to expect it, and so they should have. They was lucky to be married to footballers. Ha! Trevor Morley got a kitchen knife in his back off his wife and was out of action for three month. Soft twat. Archie McShitt of Port Vale got run over with horse and cart one Friday night and he still turned out against Bradford the following day. And he scored two goals. That's cos his name wasn't "Trevor". Good old Archie. Broke his hip, Both his legs, murdered his wife and buried her under the patio and Still made the England team for the Home Internationals. Did he have any "stress counselling"? Did he plums! And drugs? There was none of that in the old days. Oh, no. In them Days it was a quick shot of morphine before kick-off and you was lucky If you got that. By half-time it had all but wore off so they pumped you Full of laudanum. None of this cocaine sniffing and shooting up class A narcotics.

Goal celebrations? Don't talk to me about goal celebrations. Crawling On the floor and thrusting their hips at the crowd. Huh! I'd like to Have seen Cliff Bastin do that after a run down the left flank and crossing for Alex James to fire home a winner. Handshakes...and that was all you got. Sixty grand a f**king week! Ha! I wouldn't pay 'em tuppence. Two Bob Tommy Lawton used to get...a month! And Tom Finney still worked as a plumber four days a week when he was playing for England. It's true, you know.F**king is.

Players had to work them days just to make up their money. Not like today. Stan Pearson had to clean sewers and doubled up as Old Trafford shithouse cleaner. He had to go off during one game because some jobby had built a log cabin and blocked the U-bend. And that Eddie Hapgood was a male model...though he never liked to talk about it. So I say we start calling kids real male names again. If you're having a kid, don't even consider puffy names and jobby names like what people call their kids these days. Otherwise what we gonna get in twenty years' time? The England team full of players called Keanu, Ronan, Ashley and f**king Chesney. F**k that! Call your kids Alf, Herbert, Len, Frank, Fred and Wilf. And let's get the puffs out of the game once and for all. Patrick1949

Guest Jake Wifebeater
In the old days it was expected for footballers to belt the old sow about a bit, specially after a bad defeat. And the women used to expect it, and so they should have.

:laughing:

Doooor!

:up:

• 2 weeks later...

its a results business and the two points that kinnear has got since he took over at st james park was a significant improvement on the 4 straight defeats in the league they had prior to his appointment.

i agree about keegan he's so overrated, how many games before he got a win when he took charge earlier this year? i think it was 8 or 9! any other new manager would have been slaughtered but not 'the messiah' the man who famously threw away the title when any half decent manager would have clinched it without losing a wink of sleep. he's a bottler, a loser and a quitter. and also sported dodgy perms and made a couple of dodgy singles in the late 70's.

i like kinnear its good to have a mike basset type character in the premier league.

I agree that Keegan is over-rated as a manager, but the Premiership is always a lesser league without him. Him and Newcastle are made for each other, and I hope to God he gets re-appointed after Ashley sells up. Joe Kinnear's rant is quality though, so I'm more than happy for him to be interim manager at Newcastle; they NEED barmy managers. Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce were rubbish there because they are too boring purely as people.

If they get Shearer in it'll keep me happy in the short-term, just because of the utter ludicriousness of appointing such a man on no other basis than he's a legend for him, but lets be honest, he's a boring cunt as well. I actually feel sorry for him on MOTD when you can see him literally trying to force some sort of personality on himself. So to sum it up, Newcastle need to get a) Keegan back or b) Hire Shearer and sack him after he loses his first 11 games.

Going for a Sunderland win tomorrow.