aberdeen-music

hxc / punk drummer available

Paul_Victory

been playing drums for about 6 years but stopped about a year ago to work on other things

that was a huge mistake

im now lookin to play drums in any sort of hardcore or punk band

iv got lots of gigging and recording experiance but equipment wise at the moment iv only got cymbals and a snare

if anyones interested please p.m me

cheers

paul

thats what I wanna see!! more hardcore!!!!!! I could be interested dude, I'm not too big on the equipment side as well, got 1 guitar and I am currently building a Les Paul, so I will have 2 within a few weeks! I could do vox as well! What sort of hardcore are you into?

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, adding "core" to the end of something just means the named genre, but a bit harder, faster and more extreme. Metal is known for its riffs, solos and grunty vocals, metalcore for its fast riffs, fast solos and gruntyer (growly) vocals. Punk is known for power chords and crazy frontmen shouting lots, harcore punk for its faster power chords and crazier frontmen shouting even more =P

Please no one take offence to this post... you get what im trying to say... but yeah, i dont disagree with the word "core" being added to genre names. Until be start getting jazzcore and baroquecore... then you have to wonder...

Is albacore a hard tuna? I see what you're saying about the "core" thing. I don't mind it being used as it kinda helps to describe more than pin point, as there are so many bands now that you can't pin point anymore. Personally I think metalcore has died off, not that I have a problem with metalcore, as I have loved the stuff for years, but how many Killswitchs can there be, even their sound is old now and they practically pioneered it, but they are still good at what they do in my opinion! I'd say the new metalcore is the style of hardcore like The Acacia Strain, Whitechapel, stuff like that. Only my opinion. I just love heavy music....and yes, I like Bleeding Through, just wish they still sound like what they did on Portrait of a Goddess!

Anyways, any luck with this hardcore band?

Is albacore a hard tuna? I see what you're saying about the "core" thing. I don't mind it being used as it kinda helps to describe more than pin point, as there are so many bands now that you can't pin point anymore. Personally I think metalcore has died off, not that I have a problem with metalcore, as I have loved the stuff for years, but how many Killswitchs can there be, even their sound is old now and they practically pioneered it, but they are still good at what they do in my opinion! I'd say the new metalcore is the style of hardcore like The Acacia Strain, Whitechapel, stuff like that. Only my opinion. I just love heavy music....and yes, I like Bleeding Through, just wish they still sound like what they did on Portrait of a Goddess!

Agreed! =P

Acht i might be up for vocals. Been in a few bands before and ive got a fair bit of gigging experience. Fancy posting some influences/bands your looking for the band to "sound like" (obviously not actually sound like... but u know...) just because, as posted earlier, hardcore is easy to get mixed up.