aberdeen-music

Room to rent slap bang in City Centre

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Hello.

I have a room to rent in my flat on Schoolhill.

The room is a good size and is furnished with a single bed, a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a bedside cabinet. The flat itself contains all mod-cons, has a newish kitchen and an elegant bathroom. The living room is sizable and my intention is to get Sky installed (work in progress).

The block of buildings also features a lovely enclosed garden to the rear (a city centre garden!).

I would prefer mature professionals but will consider students. Messy and untidy people need not apply.

375 pcm, due on the 1st of each month + one month as a deposit. This excludes the price of bills and council tax.

The room will be available from the 1st November.

So if you know of anyone, throw me a PM and I'll dish out my contact details.

Guest idol_wild
Is that what flats are costing in Aberdeen these days?!?!

By and large, yeah. I think it's about average.

Aberdeen is very pricey to live in these days. Makes me wonder why the fuck I am still here.

Guest idol_wild
Eeek. That's a lot!

Yeah, Aberdeen does appear to be more pricey that I thought and I lived there for 4 years. Could be worse... I believe Edinburgh is more horrendous!

Good luck finding a flatmate! :)

Everyone I know in Edinburgh pays much less than I do for bigger spaces...

Glasgow isn't too expensive either. But there's a reason for that: Glasgow is rubbish :D

Guest idol_wild
I may know someone interested, but they wouldn't be free to move in until the beginning of December. It would also probably be relatively short-term... say until March? Would that pose problems?

[EDIT= Mong grammar.]

Cheers for that, but I'd want someone to commit to longer than, just to save having to refind someone as soon as March really. I have the lease for a year so it makes sense to sublet it for that length too. :up:

agreed.

aberdeen is WAAAY expensive.

outside of the London and the South East it has some of the most expensive living in the UK.

And yeah that rent looks about right. ESPECIALLY as it includes council tax and bills i'd say it was borderline cheap.

Errr, it says that it excludes bills/council tax etc...

Are you aware of the oil industry?

Why exactly does the oil industry drive up rents/house prices to the point where they're more expensive than say Edinburgh and Glasgow? Considering that Aberdeen is a tiny provincial shithole 8-) Serious question, sorry if it seems totally clueless; do feel free to explain :up:

I did once read a theory that temporary oil workers were responsible for the high rents, dunno if there was anything in that.

Why exactly does the oil industry drive up rents/house prices to the point where they're more expensive than say Edinburgh and Glasgow? Considering that Aberdeen is a tiny provincial shithole 8-) Serious question, sorry if it seems totally clueless; do feel free to explain :up:

I did once read a theory that temporary oil workers were responsible for the high rents, dunno if there was anything in that.

Eh........

Oil Industry....lots of money.....into local economy....house prices go up...

There is a shortage of places for rent....students from two universities and oil industry workers...means....more demand than supply....prices go up....

Maybe if you think Aberdeen is a tiny provincial shithole you should either move or try and improve it?

MORE OR IMPROVE MOVE OR IMPROVE MOVE OR IMPROVE

I was just being facetious (let's try this smiley instead: :up:). I just find it surprising that it's more expensive than the capital and a city a few times it's size (with more than two universities) and surely not everyone is getting rich off the back of the oil industry. As it happens, I'm not from Aberdeen and I have just moved away. I'm just curious.

Well the only flats that get built are executive flats, so if you couple a lack of affordable housing and a city with high employment, high student numbers and lots of young professionals that means flat prices go through the roof.

Or supply (i.e. there's hardly any available flats) and demand (fuckloads of people want a flat) as everyone else has said. It's not that complicated.