aberdeen-music

Freeview Problems

ooh err, recently got Freeview in my flat without reading this thread or realising that there were troubles going on. fortunately i manage to get a fair chunk of channels (all the ones i wanted) and this is on an old box-top aerial that must be at least 20 years old.

the reception has been cutting out, and the screen goes slightly dim and green-like every now and again, but still entirely watchable. i still hope they fix it soon though!

ooh err, recently got Freeview in my flat without reading this thread or realising that there were troubles going on. fortunately i manage to get a fair chunk of channels (all the ones i wanted) and this is on an old box-top aerial that must be at least 20 years old.

the reception has been cutting out, and the screen goes slightly dim and green-like every now and again, but still entirely watchable. i still hope they fix it soon though!

There's something a bit more amiss if your screen is dimming or presenting a green tinge. They aren't things that poor freeview reception can do.

for half a second every now and again? :S could easily just be the tv in general (really old) but it never used to happen on analogue tv. i'll keep an eye out for it if im watching a dvd or playing computer or fitever.

It's possibly a loose pin in a scart lead or a loose connection in the scart socket. It's usually a tube problem though.

my freeview (live just off urquarht road) went tits up a few days ago now.

you don't know what you've lost, until you can no longer watch DAVE in bed (the TV channel! no gay jokes please! lol)!

a bunch of other ones dont work anymore eiter, Film4, Fiver and FiveUS, etc etc...

:-(

I have broadband. I'm meaning without illegal means. I already use iplayer and all that. :)

Illegal, schmelegal, stuff on Freeview is fair game as far as I'm concerned, especially if the powers that be can't even supply a decent signal.

I'm a member of a very good torrent site that only deals with British telly, happy to send you an invite if you lose your scruples.