aberdeen-music

Meursault + The Green Apple Sea + Jocky Venkataraman @ Tunnels 9th October

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Idol Wild Promotions is happy to see the return of...

Meursault

MySpace.com - Meursault - Edinburgh, UK - Showtunes / Live Electronics / Acousmatic / Tape music - www.myspace.com/meursaulta701

Meursault can't possibly remain a hidden treasure for much longer. This year has seen their profile enhanced dramatically following a full page feature in The Scotsman Magazine, a session for burgeoning Edinburgh Podcast Song by Toad, and a recent live session for Vic Galloway on Radio One. Heart-meltingly amazing. It's only a matter of time before they're huge.

The Green Apple Sea

MySpace.com - The Green Apple Sea - Indie / Country / Alternative - www.myspace.com/thegreenapplesea

The German song-smiths make their first foray to Scotland this year, so come along and give them some support. "Maybe Teenage Fanclub would sound like this if they recorded "Deja Vu" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young or Lou Barlows Folk Implosion on a sunny day"

Jocky Venkataraman

MySpace.com - Jocky Venkataraman - Glasgow, UK - Indie / Folk / Rock - www.myspace.com/jockyvenkataraman

Jocky Venkataraman makes tunes which are meant to sound like his, ahem, heroes who include Belle & Sebastian, Malcolm Middleton, Peter Tatchell and the Beautiful South. A pal of Frightened Rabbit, Jocky will delight you with his Glaswegian drawl and jocular lyrics.

Thursday 9th October

The Tunnels

8pm

At the moment, no. Four band bills cost me too much and cause me strife at The Tunnels.

surely it'd be better to have 2 out of town and a local then or 2 locals and just one out of town. at least then you're giving yourself a good chance of a crowd. although meursault have a decent following up here so it's perhaps not so relevant for this gig.

Guest idol_wild
surely it'd be better to have 2 out of town and a local then or 2 locals and just one out of town. at least then you're giving yourself a good chance of a crowd. although meursault have a decent following up here so it's perhaps not so relevant for this gig.

Nobody comes to my gigs regardless of the local acts anyway :rolleyes:

ha, fair enough. guess that depends on the local acts though eh?

this one looks a cracker though so i'm sure it'll do ok. green apple sea sound ace.

Which local acts DO people go and see? And wouldn't you rather see a bill of people you haven't seen before rather that those you've seen before and/or can easily see again?

Which local acts DO people go and see? And wouldn't you rather see a bill of people you haven't seen before rather that those you've seen before and/or can easily see again?

yea of course i would. i'm just worried for phil's pocket is all.

i guess there's no guarantees with local acts either though. if only there was some magic promotions formula to ensure a crowd then everyone would be happy.

Guest idol_wild
At the moment, no. Four band bills cost me too much and cause me strife at The Tunnels.

I take this back because I have added a fourth act to the bill who I am quite excited about.

Juffage

MySpace.com - juffage - CHICAGO, IL, US - Experimental / Rock / Acousmatic / Tape music - www.myspace.com/juffage

A one-man experimental carnival from Chicago, visiting Scotland for the first time. Live performances are based on live looping of drums, basses, guitars, clarinets, vocals and manipulated tapes - switching seamlessly between ambient drones and tribal rhythms.

Give him a listen!

Poster to follow.

they come to see us....x

MySpace.com - Kashmir Red - sign up & vote us @ http://orangeunsignedact.co.uk, UK - Rock / Alternative / Indie - www.myspace.com/kashmirred

Guest idol_wild
Fuckin' Meursault! Brilliant! The others sounds good too, yes please Phillip.

Get a mob along with you. Yes!

Let's convert people to the ways of Meursault. Literally one of the finest bands I have ever seen and heard.

I take this back because I have added a fourth act to the bill who I am quite excited about.

Juffage

MySpace.com - juffage - CHICAGO, IL, US - Experimental / Rock / Acousmatic / Tape music - www.myspace.com/juffage

A one-man experimental carnival from Chicago, visiting Scotland for the first time. Live performances are based on live looping of drums, basses, guitars, clarinets, vocals and manipulated tapes - switching seamlessly between ambient drones and tribal rhythms.

Give him a listen!

Poster to follow.

I'll be at this! I'm really enjoy this stuff on the myspace. He also has one of the best 'influences' sections i've seen;

"chopin, lightning bolt, rudy van gelder, dianogah, king tubby, do make say think, refused, battles, low, phil elvrum, christian fennesz, steve albini, vladimir ussachevsky, pierre schaeffer, mice parade, ariel pink, m. ward, effects pedals, coffee, max/msp, convolution filtering, the world, s.h.m.r.g., jean baptiste forier, gestalt, ice cream sandwitches, the books, the propogation of sound through air, radiohead."

Should be very interesting live.

• 2 weeks later...