aberdeen-music

Open For Slayer?

lepeep

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere....but I clocked this on myspace...

METAL HAMMER MAGAZINE AND THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE TOUR PRESENT: WIN 15 MINUTES OF PAIN!

METAL HAMMER MAGAZINE AND THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE TOUR PRESENT

Win 15 Minutes Of Pain FAME

Metal Hammer is giving you the chance to be a part of the most brutal metal tour of the year! That's right, The Unholy Alliance tour wants YOU!

Together with MySpace and Scuzz TV, Metal Hammer is giving you a once in a lifetime chance to open up for Slayer, Trivium, Mastodon and Amon Amarth on the Unholy Alliance Tour Chapter III.

If you think you have what it takes to shred with the big boys, and are aged 18 and over, then send your demo, with a daytime telephone number, either by email to unholy@futurenet.com with the subject header '15 Minutes Of Pain'.

Or post to:

15 Minutes Of Pain

Metal Hammer

2 Balcombe Street

London

NW1 6NW

To be received no later than Monday September 15th 2008.

Your demo will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges from Metal Hammer, Radio One Rock Show and Scuzz TV. Each winner will open up the tour with a 15 minute set and get to meet all the bands! Six bands will be chosen, each of which will play a 15 minute opening set during the tour at one of the six venues and get to meet all the bands! A date and venue will be allocated to each band and if any band is unable to play on the date specified, another band may be chosen to play instead.

Here's your chance to be famous!

The Metal Hammer-sponsored Unholy Alliance Chapter III tour runs as follows:

Manchester Arena October 27th

Birmingham NEC October 28th

London Hammersmith Apollo October 30th

London Hammersmith Apollo 31

Cardiff CIA November 2nd

Glasgow SECC Hall 3 November 3

Guest idol_wild
I'm not normally into competitions like this, but opening for Slayer would be freaking awesome.

Amen.

I might actually submit my solo EP for a laugh.

Because obviously I can "shred it" with the best of 'em.

How well were they known in 1988 when they supported Slayer in Edinburgh though?

Slayer had only just released south of heaven and had only been around for 5-6 years by then - so I'm guessing most of their die-hard nutter fans were in their relative youth and still had a good decade or 2 to get that lifelong Slayer obsession and dedication going.