aberdeen-music

DeSalvo + WSBB + Gusto Mastivo + To Catch a Predator @ The East Neuk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
WIFEBEATER will take the place of TCAP at this gig :up:

This will probably be no help, but the earliest we can go on would be half 9 as we've got a practice booked that evening. Essentially a hit and run job.

Neither :up: nor not :up:

Guest treader.

wifebeater were great. much much better than i'd anticipated.

i really liked gusto mastivo as well although the vocals were way too high.

blessed were unstoppable. probably the best i've seen them play, if only for added emotions.

desalvo are fantastic. their grooves are second to none.

gusto mastivo - good fun, the kendo nagasaki song made me smile, agreed with the vocals being too high, and they played for too long, but i still enjoyed what i heard.

blessed - sound was pretty poor as far as i remember? what i could make out was good, a big shame they're splitting up.

desalvo - fantastic. great frontman as well - 'i'm naw very arrrrroused yet'

Good gig!

Beater of wives were teckel, bad sound ruined it slightly.

Gustavo mastivo played far too long but had their moments

Blessed were on it, good fun and looked like they enjoyed it.

Desalvo= Fantastic

The gig was slightly ruined for me by the fucking goon squad, wtf is the point of creating a big circle in the middle of the crowd (the result of which led to the fat twat spilling my pint all over myself) only for you and your mate to play possibly the most homosexually repressed game of tig I have ever seen.Idiots

The gig was slightly ruined for me by the fucking goon squad, wtf is the point of creating a big circle in the middle of the crowd (the result of which led to the fat twat spilling my pint all over myself) only for you and your mate to play possibly the most homosexually repressed game of tig I have ever seen.Idiots

Oh, i would've thought that you'd have known that you can only go to a gig like this if you are going to take part. God forbid you might want to just take in the atmosphere and enjoy the music.

Be prepared to be forever shunned by the unforgiving oafs that are involved in these shenanigans for not being "hardcore" enough. ;)

Anyway, i was i bit annoyed i couldn't go to this. Fuck the world.

As far as I could see, there were plenty of areas where people could just stand and enjoy the gig without getting involved (at least until the singer came to hunt you down). I'm sure nobody meant to spill anybodys drinks or anything but people were always going to go a bit mental. Sorry we weren't just nodding our heads and stroking our beards...

I haven't stood anywhere near the front of a stage for 'heavy' gigs since Rage Against The Machine at Leeds in 2000. Sensible but a bit sad I suppose...

Makes good sense to me. With a band as heavy and provocative as Desalvo, it's to be expected that there will be certain shenanigans going on down at the front. Just the way it goes...

if warden's talking what i think he's talking about, it was during wsbb, when some fat cunt decided to push everyone within his vicinity away to create a huge gaping hole in the audience so him and his friend could play, as warden said, a homosexually repressed game of tig. there was no warning, i was trying to watch wsbb when said fat cunt pushed me away and knocked half of my pint over as well.

i was quite happy watching blessed until this cunt came along, it certainly didn't happen during desalvo, he was gone by then...

yes, agreed, he kind of ruined watching blessed for me, i was intrigued by the new vocalist and then suddenly some fat twat pushes into me spilling a lot of my pint over me? i had to keep a watch of him to make sure he didn't do anything cuntish for the rest of the gig, which was annoying as i wanted to enjoy blessed on their last gig.