aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Dibs.

I'll take it. I'm super busy over the next few days though, so I'll be in touch after the weekend.

That's no problem mate. Just give us a PM and we can sort it out later on. May I suggest a P-Rail for the Bridge? Gives you the option to go between a Single Coil, a P-90 and a Humbucker at the flick of a switch which would be excellent for some options. :up:

Can i be dead cheeky and request to try it out sometime? I am itching like mental to get a shot of one!

For sure. I'm totally taking a blind plunge on it. Read some good reviews, though YT videos of them are quite sparse. The one I have seen was good though. Got it for half their retail price at least, so won't feel too bad if it's pants. I am sure it'll suit my needs though.

The Hagstrom arrived today. Haven't plugged her in yet, but had a quick unplugged go. The action and intonation is just swell for a guitar of this price. Plays very nicely, though the Trem is very stiff. Feels like it was tightened up to play like a hardtail, which suits me fine actually. It looks more like a bastardized SG but feels more like a Strat. Not so keen on the volume knob being so close to my strumming hand.

My only other beef with it is that the backplate which covers the trem has holes to feed the strings through, but they don't even nearly match up to where the strings feed through. That's a bit odd.

It's a beautiful piece of kit though.

• 2 weeks later...
After JohnW started a thread about Hagstroms, I'd been gassing for the white F-20 ever since. They get solid reviews all over the shop, so I took a punt. Can't wait for it to arrive. Especially after being completely guitarless for so long. I was just gonna buy a cheapo Affinity Tele to mess about with, but I took the plunge on something a bit nicer.

Phwoar!

GHA-F20T-WHT.jpg

Going to put a HB sized P90 in the bridge though, at some point. Gone off Humbuckers. Even with the Warpig, I played it mostly tapped. Twannnng.

I had a play of this the other night and I was very impressed. I was expecting a Gibson or Gretsch feel, but the closet comparison I could think of was a Strat. It's really well made for a "budget" guitar too, excellent value for money. I quite liked the pickups too, and I usually hate humbuckers. I'd probably fire P-90's into too though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ibanez RGA 121 with WCR schredder in the bridge and BKP Coldsweat in the neck

Ibanez RGA 321 with BKP Warpig set

Caparison Dellinger with BKP Aftermath in the bridge, Dimarzio Area 57 in the middle and Air norton s in the neck

Caparison angelus 24 TBCH

Pedals:

Boss NS-2, Sonic research turbo tuner, Maxon OD 808, Maxon AD-9 pro, Boss TU-3, ISP decimator, Sanyo enloop

In the waiting list for the Axe fx ll

Ibanez RGA 121 with WCR schredder in the bridge and BKP Coldsweat in the neck

Ibanez RGA 321 with BKP Warpig set

Caparison Dellinger with BKP Aftermath in the bridge, Dimarzio Area 57 in the middle and Air norton s in the neck

Caparison angelus 24 TBCH

Pedals:

Boss NS-2, Sonic research turbo tuner, Maxon OD 808, Maxon AD-9 pro, Boss TU-3, ISP decimator, Sanyo enloop

In the waiting list for the Axe fx ll

Without pics, none of it exists ;)

I had a look on the Matamp website and I WANT A MINI-VERB.

The guy I bought the MkI from was considering one of those. I bet they are the bomb. I'm sure I'd miss the 'verb if I'd had more than an hour to play around with the amp before having to fly to bloody Norway.

12 days 'til Matamp.