aberdeen-music

The Lucky Rathen Weezer news thread

Lemonade

YouTube - Weezer - I Want You To 2009 [HQ]

there were also two new songs called "i'm your daddy" and "the girl got hot" which someone filmed live, then took them down. terrible song names.

I'm Your Daddy and Girl Got Hot sound OK. I'm not so sure about I Want You but it might grow on me.

i don't think any of those songs sound as offensive as some of the stuff on red. but then we'll have to wait and see i guess...the other songs might be cringe-rap ahoy.

When I listen to Red I actually enjoy most of the songs on it. It's just when I listen to one of their other albums it becomes apparent how much better they are.

Weezer albums in order of good:

Pinkerton

Green

Make Believe

Maladroit

Blue

Red

I really like Make Believe. It's got some fantastic songs on it. I like Maladroit as well, but overall I think Make Believe has more good songs on it than Maladroit, which has a lot of filler IMO. Blue is good, in fact Blue is great, but I've been listening to it for 15 years, I'm just a bit bored of it....

I really like Make Believe. It's got some fantastic songs on it. I like Maladroit as well, but overall I think Make Believe has more good songs on it than Maladroit, which has a lot of filler IMO. Blue is good, in fact Blue is great, but I've been listening to it for 15 years, I'm just a bit bored of it....

A bunch of Chiptune artists made a tribute album for Weezer:

Pterodactyl Squad - A video game music netlabel - Weezer - The 8-bit Album

Look who did track 8...

When I first heard Maladroit, I thought it was alright but I skipped alot of tracks. Now I love it all, apart from possibly one song. The vocal melodies are awesome, and some of the guitar playing is great. Not just the solos, but the fiddly bits under the rhythm guitar. Love Explosion is probably in my top 3 Weezer songs.

Green is good to listen to about once a year. Any sooner, and you remember just how predictable the songs are. First two songs + Knock Down Drag Out are nifty though. But it is what it is. 3 chord fuzzy pop songs. I'd rather take another record of that than the rapping.

I prefer Blue to Pinkerton. I find the lyrics to Pinkerton a bit corny at times. Still good though.

It's probably just better to listen to bands that sound like Weezer than expect a new Weezer record to be any good. The first Ozma record is pure Blue Album worship. Heaps of fun.

When I first heard Maladroit, I thought it was alright but I skipped alot of tracks. Now I love it all, apart from possibly one song. The vocal melodies are awesome, and some of the guitar playing is great. Not just the solos, but the fiddly bits under the rhythm guitar. Love Explosion is probably in my top 3 Weezer songs.

Green is good to listen to about once a year. Any sooner, and you remember just how predictable the songs are. First two songs + Knock Down Drag Out are nifty though. But it is what it is. 3 chord fuzzy pop songs. I'd rather take another record of that than the rapping.

I prefer Blue to Pinkerton. I find the lyrics to Pinkerton a bit corny at times. Still good though.

It's probably just better to listen to bands that sound like Weezer than expect a new Weezer record to be any good. The first Ozma record is pure Blue Album worship. Heaps of fun.

Across The Sea is one of my favourite Weezer tracks. I love El Scorcho as well, it's just pure and simple fun from start to finish.

There is some good stuff on Red. Pork & Beans is classic Weezer and could have made it onto any of their records. Troublemaker is pretty good, The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived is good but the lyrics are pretty terrible. The Angel And The One is good, and a great track to end an album with. If only they'd actually stopped it there instead of putting on those two shit bonus tracks.

Across The Sea is great. 1/2 of Pinkerton is great lyrically (in a twisted sort of way) and the rest is a bit naff. Like Tired of Sex and Falling For You.

It took me a few years to realise what he's really singing about in Across The Sea. Somehow the "Wonder what clothes you wear to school" line didn't click. What a fruitloop.

Across The Sea is great. 1/2 of Pinkerton is great lyrically (in a twisted sort of way) and the rest is a bit naff. Like Tired of Sex and Falling For You.

It took me a few years to realise what he's really singing about in Across The Sea. Somehow the "Wonder what clothes you wear to school" line didn't click. What a fruitloop.

I've always thought it was about some Japanese schoolgirl who sent him a love letter - non?

• 3 weeks later...

I heard about 3 or 4 of the new songs at Fuji Rock in July.

Fairly uninspiring, similar to the 'Beverley Hills' type songs that they came out with not long ago.

Was surprised to see the drummer Pat playing guitar for about 90% of the songs and even singing 3 or 4 of them. Josh Freese played drums for pretty much the entire show. Rivers hardly played guitar at all, instead choosing to strut around the stage with the microphone in a weird geeky Jay-Z manner.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

If we all hold hands and wish hard enough, It might be good. Mind you i really like Make Belive so if it's like Beverly Hills i'll probably dig it. Great cover like. Though not as good as Everything Sucks by Reel Big Fish, which is the best album cover ever. Shit record like.

I heard about 3 or 4 of the new songs at Fuji Rock in July.

Fairly uninspiring, similar to the 'Beverley Hills' type songs that they came out with not long ago.

Was surprised to see the drummer Pat playing guitar for about 90% of the songs and even singing 3 or 4 of them. Josh Freese played drums for pretty much the entire show. Rivers hardly played guitar at all, instead choosing to strut around the stage with the microphone in a weird geeky Jay-Z manner.

Yeah, I'd heard about that. Rivers not playing guitar is a bit of a let down. I guess he can't play and rap like the guy from Biohazard. I think that alone is enough to prove that Weezer will never be good again, as if the Red Album wasn't enough.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

If we all hold hands and wish hard enough, It might be good. Mind you i really like Make Belive so if it's like Beverly Hills i'll probably dig it. Great cover like. Though not as good as Everything Sucks by Reel Big Fish, which is the best album cover ever. Shit record like.

I liked Make Believe too but I fear this may be true....

Weezer will never be good again.

Don't stop believing. This album is going to be awesome. Awesome I tell you. Surely even Rivers must have realised Red was pretty cack and head in a different direction for this one. Weezer, to give them their dues, have always listened to the fans first and foremost, and if the fans hated what they did on Red, they surely wouldn't do the same thing again. Quick, someone back me up before all this blind optimism wears off.