aberdeen-music

10 easy wishes, whatcha think

Traser

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit to any form of close-mindedness, but for me to like a punk band nowadays, they have to be fairly fucking impressive or have something that noone else has. So, I generally don't make the effort to go see local punk. However, I have a local bands compilation with a track called "Zoo Trip" by 10EW on it. Have a vague memory of being unimpressed, but I'll go to bed and listen to it now, just to be sure.

Re: Re: Re: 10 easy wishes, whatcha think

Originally posted by Adam Easy Wishes:

Why is that?

Sjalu.

Sjalu? What?

Some people I know dislike 10EW because apparently one of you made some insulting comment about the Daviot band Emergency Exit or something.

What a stupid reason to hate a band.

I wasn't that impressed by 10ew when I last saw them, but I was reliably told that they've came on leaps and bounds since then...so will have to see them again.

gonna download that stuff from purevolume and give it another shot anyhoo..but as it stands, no, i'm not a fan.

I'm not really a punk fan, and 10 Easy wishes don't do much for me... but that is certainly no insult, as I think they are pretty fucking good at what they do.

Now that may sound like a very contradictory statement, but in my eyes they have everything that all the bands along that line also have.

I've seen them a shitload of times - but have more in common with their fantastic sense of humour more than their musical tastes ;)

Regardless of how much you love or hate them, you can't take away the fact that they are talented.

*puts on flame retardent suit*

I don't care for them much, then again I don't really listen to their style of music so it take's a lot to impress me if i listen to bands of that genre. I just don't see the hugely special thing about them that makes everyone bone them.

Ah well,

Each to their own

look - 10 easy wishes, ther a good band and hav pregressed - this is just dandy - but ther music dus reak off piss!! lol, but never mind, they is doin what they is doin - so keep on doin that doin!! but seriously, every1s gottta just do ther own thang

Originally posted by Ewano:

look - 10 easy wishes, ther a good band and hav pregressed - this is just dandy - but ther music dus reak off piss!! lol, but never mind, they is doin what they is doin - so keep on doin that doin!! but seriously, every1s gottta just do ther own thang

So many things I'd like to say, but it's utterly not worth it.

Originally posted by Traser:

Shit, there seems to be quite a following for you guys. Yeah im an from inverurie, does every1 from here dislike 10EW??

No, I go to Inverurie Academy, I don't hate 10EW.

And let me guess, you have your head firmly planted in the asses of emergency exit and deadbeat?

Oooooh! Cover Bands!

Please, they have like, 6 songs, between them.

And Ewano, the only thing that "reaks off piss" here is your post.

Really, if you're gonna criticise something, at least use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. It's only common courtesy...

well I am a fan of 10 easy wishes.

they are one of the most rockin bands to go see in the 'deen.

and they're cd's are ace. especially the last one. i was like "ooooooooooh it's like a "real" cd". (if you know what i mean) it's that good.

yeah and fuck all you guys who moan about them being "shit" all the time no need you're just attention seeking and if you genuinely thought they were shit you wouldn't moan about them so much you pretentious morons.

and i am done.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Originally posted by Ewano:

hey maaaaaaaaaan, just chill out duuuude, all this negative karma is making me uneasy maaaan. hey, smoke this, brah - and we can totally just mellow out and praise Jah and stuff