aberdeen-music

your rarest music?

Mgrant

I have just aquired (is that spelt right?) the Ghostbusters theme tune on 7". The B-Side is an instrumental version. Yas!

I also found a couple of Kings of Leon promo copies the other day. Was tempted to buy them just to phone up "Dave at Columbia" who's number was on the front and ask for lots of free records.

eeeditorial.jpg

what bit of Jerry did you get Graham?

I'd imagine the fingers and the brain would be highly prized.

Ha ha - well spotted. Your comment about his brain reminds me: when I was in Memphis at Jerry's birthday party he played non-stop for 3 and half hours just doing requests from his fans. It was very hot in Memphis and he collapsed with exhaustion after doing about 50 numbers and was carted off to hospital. When we rang him next day to find out if there really was anything wrong he said "the doctors X-rayed my brain and said there was nothing there!".

I was really trying to say I would happily swap the Elvis Masters for any Jerry Lee master but the paper edited out all the sense of what I said.

keep rockin'

I have the trammps stop and think angel sound acetate according to a soul website this got a cat no for the golden fleece label but no vinyl copies have ever turned up.

Also Gail wynters you don't have to be in love on US hickory issue on yellow vinyl only ever seen demos of this put a post on one of the soul sites and nobody has seen another issue.

used to have the freakbeat classic Alen pounds get rich on columbia but traded it at the cavern for soul vinyl according to record collector it's the 2nd rarest freakbeat single.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

swing kids discography picture disc...a thousand pressed?

i also have the final Spishak 7", of which there were about 200 made i think