aberdeen-music

The Xcerts MTV Spanking New Session..

Murray

That's not what I said at all.

I actually said there was no point in reacting to your opinion (as you were never going to like the band in question). My thoughts on the maturity of people involved wasn't posted, having said that I don't think your initial post was particularly constructive. It was deliberately inflammatory, as most of your posts about things you don't like are.

Frankly Spoonie was spot on, it's not your opinion that riles people up it's how you present it.

It's not deliberately inflammatory it was my honest opinion!

No, it's absolutely fair comment. They are literally spotty and physically weedy. Stop trolling.

And what has that got to do with their music exactly?

It's not deliberately inflammatory it was my honest opinion!

That may be so but what you originally posted was not constructive criticism and you knew fine well before you posted it that it would likely trigger a backlash from other people. On one hand I wish people would just see your comments for what they are and stop "rising to the bait", but on the other hand I'm getting pretty fed up with this trolling (because that is exactly what this is). You spend more time on this web site than the vast majority of other users and so you obviously get some kind of kick out of acting this way. But I along with plenty of other people are becoming tired of your intentionally negative and inflammatory posts. So please stop it.

Anyway, can we please get back on topic please. I think we've all given Stripey's posts in this particular thread way more attention than they deserved.

This is my personality, ok, and it's only because I'm genuinely sick of getting this crap every time I post that I'm straight up telling you here and now to fuck right off and mind your own business.

All I tried to do was shine some light on why I think you do 'get this crap' every time you post. If that's how you want to play it tho, fire away. you do get it raw at times, but it's got very little to do with who went to school with who and more to do with the fact that you taint some really insightful an informative posts with the kind of sensationalist abuse you're displayed here.

but enough of that, i need to get myself off to fuck.

I'm really angry about this now to be quite honest. I've posted enough music up here which has drawn my fair share of negative comments and my attitude is "FAIR ENOUGH". What I find bizarre is that it's not even people in the band in question in this case who are having a go at me, it's unrelated 3rd parties, mates of the band etc who for some wierd reason feel the need to diss me for thinking the xcerts are rubbish and having the gall to say so.

Fucking grow up.

And what has that got to do with their music exactly?

Well, it's a video. It's not just about music. Their general demeanour etc contributes to the overall feel of the thing, and I stand by what I've said.

That may be so but what you originally posted was not constructive criticism and you knew fine well before you posted it that it would likely trigger a backlash from other people.

You're just wrong, I watched the video and posted my gut reaction, and I even watched it again on the recommendation of another poster. What the hell is wrong with that, and furthermore who are you to presume to know the motivation behind what I post? You're not a mind reader mate. I don't know what is more absurd, that or the fact that you think I would waste my time deliberately winding people up.

It's my opinion, I'm not afraid to voice it, so live with it and deal with the idiots who want to stifle discussion on this site.

I have said this before but if you want this to be an aberdeen scene site you should be more tolerant.

I'm really angry about this now to be quite honest. I've posted enough music up here which has drawn my fair share of negative comments and my attitude is "FAIR ENOUGH". What I find bizarre is that it's not even people in the band in question in this case who are having a go at me, it's unrelated 3rd parties, mates of the band etc who for some wierd reason feel the need to diss me for thinking the xcerts are rubbish and having the gall to say so.

Fucking grow up.

Crocodile tears. I believe any negative feedback you've had (and reading most of the threads you've put music in the vast majority of feedback you've had has at least been constructive when it's been negative) is far outweighed by the rampant negativity you ooze all over these forums with little or no context given to accompany your disdain.

You've no reason to be angry.

You're initial post in this thread was a throwaway line expressing disgust for the music with no reasoning behind the outburst as to why you disliked it so much. If you'd actually articulated properly why you didn't like it people probably wouldn't have been so quick to jump at you. It's the same every time you post about something you don't like and yet you always play the victim. You're not the victim here.

You're initial post in this thread was a throwaway line expressing disgust for the music with no reasoning behind the outburst as to why you disliked it so much.

Yep, quite true, and now this whole tiresome bullshit argument has resulted not because of my throwaway comment (I couldn't care less about the xcerts) but from the twats who decided to have a go at me for it.

I'm not the one in the wrong here.

It's my opinion, I'm not afraid to voice it, so live with it and deal with the idiots who want to stifle discussion on this site.

I have said this before but if you want this to be an aberdeen scene site you should be more tolerant.

I think I'm pretty tolerant actually. You certainly wouldn't still be posting on here if I wasn't.

Maybe you could tell me exactly how your comments in this thread have contributed to the discussion on the site then? Because I'm not seeing how your comments in this thread have been helpful to the band, other users, or the online community as a whole.

Maybe you should keep your "gut feel" to yourself in the future if you are unable express it more constructively perhaps?

I think I'm pretty tolerant actually. You certainly wouldn't still be posting on here if I wasn't.

Maybe you could tell me exactly how your comments in this thread have contributed to the discussion on the site then? Because I'm not seeing how your comments in this thread have been helpful to the band, other users, or the online community as a whole.

Maybe you should keep your "gut feel" to yourself in the future if you are unable express it more constructively perhaps?

See the post above, I just casually said I thought the video was rubbish and I've been subjected to a torrent of abuse because of that.

What do you want me to say, "I thought this video was a load of crap but they could improve it if they did x y and z"? I'm not that arrogant. It's on the bloody mtv website and they don't *need* constructive criticism.

See the post above, I just casually said I thought the video was rubbish and I've been subjected to a torrent of abuse because of that.

What do you want me to say, "I thought this video was a load of crap but they could improve it if they did x y and z"? I'm not that arrogant. It's on the bloody mtv website and they don't *need* constructive criticism.

I'd rather you said nothing then. Non-constructive criticism is pointless and isn't helpful to anyone.

I'd rather you said nothing then. Non-constructive criticism is pointless and isn't helpful to anyone.

There's a truckload of uninvited non-constructive criticism regarding my point of view in this thread, I suggest you and your users take your own advice.

It's just sad if nobody can say what they honestly think on these forums, when you have the audacity to claim that you represent the "music scene" in aberdeen.

There's a truckload of uninvited non-constructive criticism regarding my point of view in this thread, I suggest you and your users take your own advice.

All triggered by your original comments in the first place.

It's just sad if nobody can say what they honestly think on these forums, when you have the audacity to claim that you represent the "music scene" in aberdeen.

People can say what they think - as long as they do it constructively. If you can't do it then I'd prefer it if you kept your thoughts to yourself, so we can avoid situations like this.

All triggered by your original comments in the first place.

People can say what they think - as long as they do it constructively. If you can't do it then I'd prefer it if you kept your thoughts to yourself, so we can avoid situations like this.

So the official word from the admin of this site is that there's to be no more honest comments such as "I think this tune is rubbish" unless qualified with a statement like "but it would be better if it had a 180BPM distorted 4 on the floor kick drum".

Makes perfect sense Neil.

So the official word from the admin of this site is that there's to be no more honest comments such as "I think this tune is rubbish" unless qualified with a statement like "but it would be better if it had a 180BPM distorted 4 on the floor kick drum".

Makes perfect sense Neil.

It certainly makes more sense than posting "can i have a refund for the 30 seconds i spent watching this before I hit alt-f4 in disgust please?".

This is the last I to say about this matter. If you want to continue to argue your point then please do so via private messages. Any further off-topic posts, by anyone, will be removed.

Now back to the original topic please...

On the topic of why i thin people should be more supportive of the x-certs becoming successful.

I can understand why some of you would say, well they are from the city...so what?

I just think this particular group of lads, who have been playing music and supporting the scene in aberdeen sicne they were 14/15 deserve a bit of 'applause' for what they are achieving.

As much as I utterly detest the View, I don't detest them half as much as I do you for all your "can't play properly" yabbering.

thanks for that, random person behind a computer screen who doesn't know me.

By the by - they really can't play properly....hence I said it.

Neither could Pavement, and that didn't stop them becoming the best band of all time!

Theres a bit of a difference between writing great songs/defining a genre (while maybe not being the best musicians in the world) and being a band and playing bland imitated pap void of substance (while not being the best musicians in the world).

I just think this particular group of lads, who have been playing music and supporting the scene in aberdeen sicne they were 14/15 deserve a bit of 'applause' for what they are achieving.

I think it's about time people stopped glibly referring to "the scene" in aberdeen.

What you're really talking about is the rock/alt-rock/indierock/punk/metal/callitwhatyouwillitinvolvesguitars "scene". There's a lot more going on in this city and it's frankly quite insulting when people like you lump it all together and insist kids like the xcerts represent "the scene" and deserve praise.

I absolutely disapprove of the xcerts, the music they make and what they stand for, they are naive kids play-acting childish fantasies and represent everything I hate about just mainstream music. Who the hell are you to say they represent "the scene", represent aberdeen, or deserve praise for what they are doing? Who the hell do you think you are calling me an idiot because I said I didn't like their video?

I think it's about time people stopped glibly referring to "the scene" in aberdeen.

What you're really talking about is the rock/alt-rock/indierock/punk/metal/callitwhatyouwillitinvolvesguitars "scene". There's a lot more going on in this city and it's frankly quite insulting when people like you lump it all together and insist kids like the xcerts represent "the scene" and deserve praise.

I absolutely disapprove of the xcerts, the music they make and what they stand for, they are naive kids play-acting childish fantasies and represent everything I hate about just mainstream music. Who the hell are you to say they represent "the scene", represent aberdeen, or deserve praise for what they are doing? Who the hell do you think you are calling me an idiot because I said I didn't like their video?

its the purposefully antagonistic way you phrase things, not your actual opinion.

no relevance to anything commenting on them being spotty or whatever.

What exactly do we stand for in your opinion?

No point in getting sweaty eyes over this Stripey, if you really dislike us that much, then stop posting, you're starting to look really desperate to get your point across. I was pretty passive with everything you've said so far, but what you're saying now is just utter garbage!

I'm not "getting sweaty eyes" whatever that is supposed to mean, you and your band can do what you like, what pisses me off is the people on this site accusing me of being deliberately inflammatory just because I thought your video was cringe-inducingly painful to watch and dared to say so.

The pathetic, small minded responses of you and the people I was referring to in this thread pretty much demonstrates why people with any intelligence are so quick to distance themselves from aberdeen, if not move away from the place altogether.

Well done on having a go at dissing my tunes by the way, it serves as a great illustration of how ridiculously petty you people actually are!

The pathetic, small minded responses of you and the people I was referring to in this thread pretty much demonstrates why people with any intelligence are so quick to distance themselves from aberdeen, if not move away from the place altogether.

So why are you still living in Aberdeen and why are you still posting on these forums?

And here was me hoping this thread had moved on. *sigh*

So why are you still living in Aberdeen and why are you still posting on these forums?

And here was me hoping this thread had moved on. *sigh*

Well the site is called aberdeen-music.com "the music scene of aberdeen", I live here and I produce music and presumably I'm entitled to express an opinion. Maybe you should change the banner graphic to "the rock music scene of aberdeen" or something if you think the site should have such limited scope, instead of trying to stifle open discussion.

Well the site is called aberdeen-music.com "the music scene of aberdeen", I live here and I produce music and presumably I'm entitled to express an opinion. Maybe you should change the banner graphic to "the rock music scene of aberdeen" or something if you think the site should have such limited scope.

I don't really know why we have to keep explaining this to you, but you are entitled to express an opinion - as long as it's constructive. Something you seem unable to do a lot of the time. And you wonder why people respond to your "opionions" with such hostility. You're either pretty stupid or, and I suspect this is the real reason, you just don't give a damn. Unfortunately for you, quite a few of us give a damn. And as much as I'd like to keep this web site online just for people like you to use to vent their anger at apparently everyone in Aberdeen and it's local music "scene", I'm afraid that's not why this web site exists.

I suggest you start using your time more constructively because at the moment you're not only wasting your own time, but that of everyone else that reads these posts and people like me that have to reply to them to try and keep some degree of order. This has gone on for so long now I'm seriously wondering why I just don't ban you from the site as you're doing it much more harm than good.

Anyway, I've given this thread a chance but it looks like it isn't going to get any better so it's now getting closed.