aberdeen-music

Go North Line Up

Maybe they happened to "fit in" with one of the desired line-ups. I dunno. Anyway, it's all subjective isn't it? I mean, I've never heard of most of those bands, but I'm sure whoever booked them has been a fan of them all for years.

Maybe.

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

Ah you're in AKA the fox. Is the rumour correct, Wednesday the 9th at 12:15am?? For Drummond's Closure.

PS: The battle of the bands final performance was legend. You guys were supreme. Who does the drum programming?

Yeah, we are playing then at drummonds, good to hear you enjoy our gigs so much, I didn't realise they had that effect on people!

Our bass player Steve programmes the drums, he used to write electro/techno prior to being in the band.

Have heard a lot about the real shocks, I think I'll be there for your gig at the moorings on friday.

aye biz only, come in and ask us very very nicely in one up and we might let you read ours for a minute. alternatively aberdeen college library gets it as does the central library i'd imagine.

hmv used to sell it but it costs an absolute fortune per issue so no one bought it.

we are playing on the 9th in kef at about 7.45pm. and it'll be a blast. no idea who else is playing that night.

Originally posted by chris h:

God says 'no' to Edinburgh - not a single band from the glorious capital in that list. Maybe not a bad thing :)

But what's with all the made up bands from Aberdeen? AKA The Fox? Millenium Child? Oh well, well done to all the lucky people, and all the usual platitudes...

That'll be "made up bands" as opposed to....? Ones that occur naturally as part of the ecosystem or what? Ones that are a result of immaculate conception?

For what it's worth Millenium Child is actually an MC / rapper, seemed to actually exist when I saw him, but who knows, maybe he's just been made up.

Tina, you should definately try to catch The Real Shocks if you can, only heard them on the radio, but it was ace, still can't get over the song title Hillman Pimp. When is that gig?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Damn right. I loved it. It left me all sweaty and hot... feeling kinda hot... yet at peace. I felt the urge to drink wildly afterwards... and scream the word "Erotic" in a Northern Irish accent through the empty early morning streets of this damned city.

It was magical, in the sexiest way.

?

Jesus christ, shut the fuck up.

Originally posted by Tina:

Yeah, we are playing then at drummonds, good to hear you enjoy our gigs so much, I didn't realise they had that effect on people!

Our bass player Steve programmes the drums, he used to write electro/techno prior to being in the band.

Have heard a lot about the real shocks, I think I'll be there for your gig at the moorings on friday.

:up:

We're on around 9 or 9:30pm.

Hope to see you there :)

millenium child is mc of tha flava fame. he's launching his first single in one up soon but i forget the date. there's posters all over the shop for it. tha flava is one of the most successful hip hop/r and b nights in scotland apparently. though it was mc that told me this and he is a shameless self publicist. they run tha flava in edinburgh as well as aberdeen and did an aftershow party for the mtv europe awards.

Originally posted by Tam o' Shantie:

dunno, i saw em at the moorings. not bad but not amazing either. upbeat rock with DISCO BEATZ and a saxophonist. the singer is really ace though and has made live appearances with THE HARRY DALGARNOS

And where the fuck were THE HARRY DALGARNOS this week?????

Guest The Tourist
Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

And where the fuck were THE HARRY DALGARNOS this week?????

Ah, Tom had to go to his rents, Keilan was at the lock up and I, well I couldn't have gone up on my own, but fear not!! We shall return this Sunday, we'll all have been paid by then... Cost price drinks did you say...?

Originally posted by John Fashanu:

Ah, Tom had to go to his rents, Keilan was at the lock up and I, well I couldn't have gone up on my own, but fear not!! We shall return this Sunday, we'll all have been paid by then... Cost price drinks did you say...?

Yes performers now benefit fromcost price drinks in addition to my bottomless pit of drumsticks and guitar strings...

Originally posted by LonelyHunter Alister:

Betamax, no I was them immediately after you guys in Soho Lounge. Saw Half Cousin in The Hideout, on Congress

Yeah, I was pretty sure they didn't play with us. And to my recollection I didn't see them play.

Though, did they play at the Scottish Invasion afterparty? I think they did, so I think I saw them.... I think. I was rather dazed and there was free booze.

Yeah, I was pretty sure they didn't play with us. And to my recollection I didn't see them play.

Though, did they play at the Scottish Invasion afterparty? I think they did, so I think I saw them.... I think. I was rather dazed and there was free booze.

they did play the party and were trez good.....

Originally posted by betamax:

they did play the party and were trez good.....

Oh yeah, they were the ones that didn;t have the dennis the menace jumpers? (that was Grim Northern Social) yes... I recall them. Tre bon.

Oh yeah, they were the ones that didn;t have the dennis the menace jumpers? (that was Grim Northern Social) yes... I recall them. Tre bon.

dennis the menace band no

grim northern anti-socials

they had a wind chime and bongos (half cousin that is) and were quite trippy n cool

you were drunk i think