aberdeen-music

The world according to Zakk Wylde...

Afro Droid

...this is quite funny, in a slightly disturbing-awful-redneck way:

""That's the difference between the lyrics I write and a band like Pearl Jam. For example: Let's say you save up enough dough to buy a fucking case of Raw Ass - it's the worst tasting beer we can buy, but that's all we got the money for - you're out in front of the liquor store, and some guy puts it in the back of his truck and fucking takes off. "Motherfucker! We just lost our beer and the dough!" Eddie Vedder will fucking whine about it, being a pussy, and write a song about being a wuss and how it's crushed his fucking life now cause this asshole drove off with his beer. Come to Black Label, man! What we do is, we get his license plate number, find out where he fuckin' lives, go down, smash his truck with a cinder blocks through the windshield, get the beer, then light his house on fire, get drunk, and write a song about it. That's the way Black Label handles it, man! It's pure fucking comedy at it's best!!"

He used to be such a nice lad in the Pride and Glory days....

I particularly like his stance on Dave Grohl:

"If I ever run into Dave Grohl, I'm gonna kick his fuckin' ass. Because I think he sucks, and he wrote this cheese-dick song for Ozzy that I have to fuckin' play on, and I'll never forgive him for that. Foo Fighters is a fuckin' candyass girl band, but you've got that motherfucker submitting songs, and those douche bags from the Offspring submitting songs, too. I mean, none of thse guys could play a Randy Rhoads solo if they tried. Dave Grohl? Fuck Dave Grohl! Let him get up there and play 'Mr. Crowley'; he can't fuckin' do it. And it's like, you're getting this guy to write songs for Ozzy? Just because he played drums for fucking Shitvana?" - Zakk Wylde, Guitar World, November 2001