aberdeen-music

The World Is One Big Phone Booth

Diesel

Oh man, that would be sweeeeeet :up:

145 samolians is a bit steep though. Maybe I could get the schematics and build my own!

There are cheaper ones around, I've seen them for under 50 quid. If you did make your own though you could at least pump out more than 900mW, albeit at the risk of microwaving yourself.

Texting's just as bad. I attempted to serve a customer today who decided to blatantly ignore me for 10 seconds while checking a message. They should lead-line the damn building.

I'd say texting is worse. I detest the sort of people who have a text conversation when they've got a friend sitting right in front of them. If one of my mates did that, I'd just leave.

Trying to serve someone on a phone is horrible, I've been working in retail part-time for over five years now and the ignorance of some twats is still astounding. These days I refuse to serve people who are on their phones though; if they're jabbering away I tend to find that a quick "back of the queue 'til you're off your phone, thanks" really gets on their tits.

I love winding up twattish customers.

I'd say texting is worse. I detest the sort of people who have a text conversation when they've got a friend sitting right in front of them. If one of my mates did that, I'd just leave.

Yup same here.

I detest people who, mid conversation, will check a text then reply to it...

Meaning they werent fully listening to what you had to say.

yeah because your "lol @ u" or whatever crap is more important than what i have to say :swearing: You'd really think manners went out the door with the dinosaurs..

to quote an old school phrase....grr it really grinds my gears.

That's my top "bus hate". I love the fact they've actually banned it on the London buses. I pray that they'll do it here. I usually just plug in the headphones and sit in denial.

Same here too.

I personally cant understand how they can enjoy listening to hamsters singing songs on a mobile phone speaker...its like that hamsterdance song..singing songs like sweet child o mine or (one that was really bad) smells like teen spirit...

jeez if they actually like it, why not use damned headphones, save the rest of the buses sanity.

I hope they ban it here too...but i doubt it'll happen..but one can only hope.

And don't get me started on pricks who wear their bluetooth headsets when they're not driving.

Reminds me of the time me and my father went for a pint in the Prince Of Wales before going to the cinema.

Complete random tube comes up to the bar where me and my dad are waiting patiently to be served:

CRT: 'Himmen, that's fuckin smairt like. Fuck,aye.'

Stevecrisis's Da: 'Pardon?'

CRT (pointing at my dad's left ear): 'Yer thingmy, ken. Yer bluetooth. Didnae ken ye got them skin coloured.'

SCD removing noticed device from his ear and thrusting it in CRT's face: 'BLUETOOTH HEIDSET? ARE YE WISE? IT'S MY FUCKIN DEIF-AID NOW BEAT IT!'

Oh how we laughed, but you had to be there...

I was in a book/coffee hybrid type shop today in Glasgow, and some girl's phone went off. She got up, walked a few paces, opened the door, went through the door, shut the door behind her, then answered her phone. I love her.

Me too - did you get her number?

I'm in Amsterdam at the moment and it's not as bad here re mobiles, but the cunts smoke in public and in restaurants. Cunts.

Noisy bastards in cinemas too, although there's not the same "let's go to the Pictures for a 7 course meal" mentality as there is in gut-bucket Aberdeen.

With regards to loud yapping and mobile phone misuse in cinemas in The 'Dam, we come here a lot and it would appear that Muslim women, for some reason, are the worst offenders ?(

Hunners of gorgeous burds though - so it's all good :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
What's everyone's thoughts on the liberal use of mobile phones in public?

I was in Books and Beans in Belmont Street today, where I was hoping to enjoy a nice bowl of home-made soup and a scone in a pleasant, minker-free environment.

I had barely sat down, when girl with a voice that could strip paint started yapping loudly on her mobile phone, with a conversation that appeared to consist entirely of "Yeah", "Right" & "Nightmare".

As the "conversation" approached the 20 minute mark she was almost at shouting volume, when I finally snapped. I turned around and shouted "for Christ's sake woman, keep your voice down", to a chorus of "Hear, Hear".

It got me thinking that you can rarely go anywhere without hearing the sound of some gobshite bawling down a mobile phone.

Are people that bored with their own company that they feel the need to talk complete irrelevant bollocks to someone when they're in town or at an event. Aren't shopping/cinema/spectator events interesting enough for them?

Peace and quiet is gone forever, you cant even sit in a park with a book, whithout the drone of some chav yapping down a phone. Want to talk to someone? - GO AND FUCKING VISIT THEM :swearing:

Rant over.

Game, set and match, chimp. I have to put up with this shit all the time as I catch the No.17 bus on a daily basis and I cannot fucking believe the conversations that get yelled out for all to hear. No, I'm sorry, but I don't give two hoots and a handjob if some scraggy, skinny, tracksuited, strung-out bucketfanny is looking forward to her "man" (doubt it, but some guys'll fuck anything) getting "oot" the "jile the morn" and how he'll be "a'right" as "lang as he sties on 'i meth". No self-respect or any consideration for anyone else.

My theory is that its programmes like Jeremy Kyle that cause this. Non-entities are encouraged to air their little chav-dramas in public because they've been given the green light to think it's of any importance, when it fucking isn't. Nobody gives a tin shit about your fucking problems, which are invariably of staggering triviality and could be solved by any baboon in a matter of seconds if it had had its Weetabix that morning.

The fancy way of describing it is that the volume you speak on a mobile phone rises in inverse proportion to your importance on the social scale i.e. if you bawl and shout on it then your life is utterly devoid of merit and purpose.

It's high time for a backlash against this shit. Who's up for it?

:up:

Game, set and match, chimp. I have to put up with this shit all the time as I catch the No.17 bus on a daily basis and I cannot fucking believe the conversations that get yelled out for all to hear. No, I'm sorry, but I don't give two hoots and a handjob if some scraggy, skinny, tracksuited, strung-out bucketfanny is looking forward to her "man" (doubt it, but some guys'll fuck anything) getting "oot" the "jile the morn" and how he'll be "a'right" as "lang as he sties on 'i meth". No self-respect or any consideration for anyone else.

My theory is that its programmes like Jeremy Kyle that cause this. Non-entities are encouraged to air their little chav-dramas in public because they've been given the green light to think it's of any importance, when it fucking isn't. Nobody gives a tin shit about your fucking problems, which are invariably of staggering triviality and could be solved by any baboon in a matter of seconds if it had had its Weetabix that morning.

The fancy way of describing it is that the volume you speak on a mobile phone rises in inverse proportion to your importance on the social scale i.e. if you bawl and shout on it then your life is utterly devoid of merit and purpose.

It's high time for a backlash against this shit. Who's up for it?

:up:

That line is awesome.

and i pretty much agree with all you've said. :up:

The 16s as bad as the 17 i always felt...:swearing:

the 19 is better. last night me and my boyfriend were sat next to some cool cool guys talking about how many guys they "battered" at the same time and one of them how he got hit in the head with knuckledusters last night. and all on the rush hour bus home from work! one of them was coming home from b+q, there's no way the others had jobs.

we should get some sort of petition and send it to first bus HQ about the use of mobile phones on buses, stating the health problems with radiation being emitted to nearby people or some bollocks like that. it'll solve the annoying shit we all have to put up with

*squeeky hamster voice* "with the lights out, yes it dangerous..."