aberdeen-music

Guitar Set Ups in Aberdeen

Soda Jerk

The smaller Cash Converter rip off shops know nothing about guitars and are fucking ace. I took a Marshall Jackhammer pedal in to "Main Exchange" in Dewsbury to sell and told them it was worth about 120. He gave me 50 for it.

They are 45 brand new.

I wins!

Where does your missus work?

I'm only here for another week. Temping is whack.

I can never pick a favourite. I'm more partial to there jazzy/bluesy stuff they did after The Bed Is In The Ocean. Some Boots and Unsolved are probably my favourites I guess.

The (fairly) new live album is also awesome! I didn't even know it'd come out til a few weeks ago. It's been out nearly a year!

i keep forgetting to buy that live album though it is indeed a corker. maybe next payday(this months cd funds have already been allocated for the new black mountain album).

They've got it in that CD shop in the city centre. Can't remember what it's called. The one down from where Fopp used to be.

Until then, I'd never seen a Karate CD in a shop, ever. Always had to buy online.

they used to stock a couple, or certainly did when i worked there a few years ago :)

i shall see if it's still there on saturday when i go in to collect the black mountain cd. it might just tempt me.

Also, what strings do you recommend? I've been using Ernie Ball's since forever.

I'd second James' recommendation on D'Addario's - I was a Ernie man myself, but when I bought my John Suhr Strat, it came with D'Adds - much better.

You're probably aware of this, but FFS never, ever user Fender Bullets!

If you're in a gig scenario and for whatever reason all that's available are Fenders, then just de-string your axe and make guitar noises through the mike yourself!!!

I'd second James' recommendation on D'Addario's - I was a Ernie man myself, but when I bought my John Suhr Strat, it came with D'Adds - much better.

You're probably aware of this, but FFS never, ever user Fender Bullets!

If you're in a gig scenario and for whatever reason all that's available are Fenders, then just de-string your axe and make guitar noises through the mike yourself!!!

I'm a D'Addario man meself.

I don't know of any place in Aberdeen that is consistently able to provide guitarists with good instrument set ups or amp repairs. There may be occasions where they've done a good job, but it's basically a bit of a lottery as to how well the setup or repairs will be.

You're better of learning how to do it yourself, or send it off to somewhere with a good reputation.

You're better of learning how to do it yourself, or send it off to somewhere with a good reputation.

I tried that once. used a site tunemybass or something like that. intonation was fine and it sounded sweet and tight even in drop C, but that action was far too high... i wouldn't know how to sort thast out. Bruceys recommended me this independent guy... Marshall Dow. i have his number somewhere...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...