aberdeen-music

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Glasgow Academy 4th May

french_disko

I don't think you can put the Waterboys in the same league as the Bad Seeds! If we're being honest the Waterboys only really have one (Fisherman's Blues) or maybe 2 (This Is the Sea) good albums and the last one was horrific.

Seriously? Book Of Lightning is amazing, I absolutely love them... Dream Harder is the only poor WBs album, in my book.

Love from Christy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like Dream Harder, except for Corn Circles! Whatever you think of their albums though, it's "LIVE" that they come into their own!!!

True, true. The best live band I've ever seen, closely followed by the Bad Seeds. Corn Circles and Spiritual City are horrible songs though. The 'Live Adventures' CD is as good as Dylan 66.

• 3 weeks later...
Barry Adamson.

As in, the former Bad Seed? Let's hope he gets up on stage for a blast of 'From Her To Eternity' or sumpin. Not that I'll be there (Christy and the Edgar Praises are away on our travels on Saturday), so I hope someone will let me know how the gig was.

Love from Christy

That was fucking immense. Best gig I have ever been to by a country mile.

Set List comprised of:

Night Of The Lotus Eaters

Dig, Lazarus , Dig!!!

Tupelo

Today's Lesson

Red Right Hand

Midnight Man

Let Love In

Lie Down Here

Moonland

Jesus Of The Moon

The Ship Song

We Call Upon The Author

Papa Won't Leave You, Henry

More News From Nowhere

Lyre Of Orpheus

Hard On For Love

Into My Arms

Wanted Man

Stagger Lee

Fucking brilliant.

It was really a great gig, the only grumble from me was that I was stuck right at the very very back of the hall beside the bar and the sound quality there was atrocious, which spoiled it for me.

I got in around doors open and went straight in & stood on the first raised platform area - was leaning on the banister there dead centre of stage. perfect view.

I got in around doors open and went straight in & stood on the first raised platform area - was leaning on the banister there dead centre of stage. perfect view.

you must have been right in front of me, but I still don't know who you are, although I have my suspisions.

I didn't see either of you cos I don't know who you are, unless you were one of the two guys with mullets at the bar headbanging. I did however spot Ash and Michelle off of Retro Rebels, Sharon off of Drakes, Jonny Lucifer, and Jamesbroonbreed with some of the other members of the Maternal Bum Bond Connexion.

hehe i saw you standing at the banister! thought you must've gotten there early to get that spot ;) we even missed the support