aberdeen-music

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Glasgow Academy 4th May

french_disko

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed you missed out "Deanna". That was probably the most disappointing song of the night, as Nick completely fluffed his lines. It was still great to hear an approximation of it live, though. I can also die happy knowing that I've seen them do "Papa Won't Leave You Henry", and did it even better than the version on "Live Seeds". I wonder if that bloke got his coat back...

"That was about a typical night out in Glasgow...without the gay bit, obviously".

yeah i remembered that after i typed it all out, but does anyone remember where in the set that they played deanna?

was it before jesus of the moon?

Brilliant gig! My wife and I were standing at the front, one off the barrier dead centre of stage, ie. just to the left of Nick's mic stand. I think the jacket belonged to a female standing near us, she did get it back. Didn't really like the support act though.

noeone in the bogs had any drugs for sale. what a crock of shit.

.....dang

Great show though, the academy is a good venue both aurally and spatially but it was very, very hot where we were at the front. Aside the Hold Steady's keys player, Warren Ellis is without doubt one of the most entertaining musicians i've watched. Great sounds... great beard!